|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Unleashes a dicing flurry|
The Terragrim is a rare pre-Hardmode melee weapon that appears to be a sword, but does not present an actual blade when used. Instead of an overhead broadsword swing or a shortsword stab, the Terragrim autoswings and appears as a series of blurred slashes aimed in the direction of the cursor. Anything within this area takes constant damage at a rate far exceeding the weapon's stated use time. This damaging area has a rather wide spread, even attacking behind the player for a very short distance.
|The background object|
It is obtainable from the unique background object found in an Enchanted Sword Shrine or very rarely in the Caverns layer. When the object is destroyed, it has a
2*1/50 (2%) chance to drop a Terragrim rather than an Enchanted Sword.
The Terragrim's unique means of attack is unaffected by any size and speed modifiers.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Its speed makes it very easy to defeat the Brain of Cthulhu's second phase, allowing the user to stand still and avoid taking damage.
- It is also very effective at defeating the Eater of Worlds as well due to its high attack speed and damage. It is able to hit up to three segments of the Eater at once.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Terragrim's name is a reference to the Crissaegrim, also known as Valmanway, from the platform-adventure action role-playing game Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Like the Arkhalis, the Terragrim's function and appearance are also based off of the Valmanway.
- The Terragrim appears in the Zenith's animation despite it not being used to craft the Zenith.
- The Terragrim replaced the Arkhalis as a special weapon found in Enchanted Sword Shrines, as the Arkhalis is found in Arkhalis's developer set as of 22.214.171.124.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.