Terraria: Otherworld was intended to be a new spinoff game of the Terraria franchise. It was originally announced by Re-Logic and Engine Software. It was described as an open-world sandbox RPG/strategy game that would take a novel approach to the Terraria experience to explore "what might have been."
Set in an alternate dimension within the Terraria universe, Terraria: Otherworld places the player (and a "rag-tag band of survivors") in a struggle to restore a corrupted world.
In April of 2017, Re-Logic announced that development of the game would no longer continue with the help of Engine Software. Instead, Pipework Studios had taken over in place and Re-Logic announced that, "We will be working with Pipeworks to examine the entire game, from top to bottom, to see how it fits with our high expectations and core vision for this project."
In April of 2018, Re-Logic announced that development of the game has been terminated.
- Generated worlds made of many modifiable Blocks and Walls, including Soils and Ores
- Background tiles such as Furniture, Trees, and other Plants
- Liquids such as Lava and Water
- Health and Mana
- Dynamic Time and Weather
- Tools such as Swords, Axes, Pickaxes, Hammers, Bows
- Armor, Accessories, and Vanity items
- Coins and other Items dropped from Enemies
- Torches and Rope
- Many unknown new blocks, items, furniture, and enemies
- A defensive style of gameplay, featuring turrets that are able to be upgraded and customized
- Dedicated Wings equip slot
- More ways to fight the corruption
- New corrupted forms of blocks, such as Dirt and Snow
- More weather, such as lightning
- New enemies, such as Crystal Archer, Triffid, and Scavenger
- New Crafting Station, Zinc Anvil
- New swinging Grappling Hooks
- A more robust quest system
- A leveling system for weapons, including upgrade slots
- Crystal Cave
- The Core
- Ebondirt Block
- Gold Plated Tomahawk
- Striking Trident
- Nickel Sword
- Promethium Sword
- Crimson Axe (item)
- Holy Staff
- Ore Buster
- Silicon Sword
- An Unknown Snail NPC
- Triffid and Scavenger Corruption enemies.
- Crimother boss.
- Super Shark enemy.
|Official Teaser Trailer||First Official Trailer||Swing Grappling Trailer|
- From the "The Core" screenshot, it seems that hearts and stars on the HUD represent only 10 health and mana, respectively.