Terraria Wiki:Admin noticeboard/Issues-2013
|This page is an archive of past versions of the current page. Do not add new comments here or edit this page.|
- 1 Social popups will not go away
- 2 Spelling mistake on main page in "The Game" section
- 3 This wiki site may have Trojan/Malware-downloading scripts embedded in an Ad
- 4 Some bugs that I've noticed in v1.1.2
- 5 Change Ice Torch and Ichor Torch pages
- 6 inventory wiki needs to display one extra item
- 7 SDMG
- 8 Mobile vs Console vs PC
- 9 Meteor Head Banner
- 10 Party Girl trivia/cannot remove redundant section because this is "identified as harmful"
- 11 Pirate Invasion Now Has Too Many Reward Sections
- 12 There are edit wars going on
- 13 Best way to create images for vanity sets?
- 14 Marshm(e/a)llow
- 15 Broken File Picture Type
- 16 Search filter must be improved
- 17 rope and wire
- 18 mobile pet
- 19 Please protect the Upcoming Features page from uncited information.
Social popups will not go away
I keep getting popups about if I want to share my recent edits with friends. However, I can't click on any of the buttons to make it go away. If I click on them, nothing happens. So I have to continuously remove the social popup from the HTML if I want to read a page normally, and it pops up on every page too. Please fix if possible.
184.108.40.206 13:08, 8 October 2013 (UTC)
- There is nothing I can do about it. However I think this is the result of cookies not working correctly. You can try delete the cookies for this website (or if you have cookies disabled, enable them for this website) and see if this fixes the problem. Clearing your browsers cache might also help. --0icke0 (talk) 13:30, 8 October 2013 (UTC)
- I have the same problem. If it were cookies, then it just wouldn't save the results, but still go away, no? It must be problem with handling scripts/redirects. It just adds # into address field and goes nowhere, like any other broken redirect. I can usually close it by clicking outside the box, but sometimes it wont go away for minutes regardless of page or number of reloads. Shouldn't the checkbox in misc section of profile preferences rid us of this completely? What is this script written on? Nandorianen (talk) 06:56, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
- No, you can't. And it does not seem to be Java. I've tried restarting browser, clearing cache and everything else, updating Java plugin, disabling Java completely. Only latter had any impact, and it was disabling my ability to close the damn popup even by clicking outside it. Nandorianen (talk) 10:33, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
Spelling mistake on main page in "The Game" section
I cannot make the correction for understandable reasons. The last sentence in "The Game" window on the main page spells "coming" incorrectly. If any administrator is available, please make the change. Thanks! Yardwork88 (talk) 01:02, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
This wiki site may have Trojan/Malware-downloading scripts embedded in an Ad
I closed certain pages from the Console-Only list (with a few related pages) and another tab popped up in my Chrome browser for a moment and automatically started downloading "FlashPlayer__2114_i20422763_il42840.exe". I managed to catch and cancel the download before it finished, but I don't think we want that sort of thing here. The site it links to is (See history for unbroken link.) "http://bs-self.s3.amazon***.com/220.127.116.11/Launcher.exe?response-content-disposition=attachment%3B%20filename%3D%22FlashPlayer__2114_i20422763_il42840.exe%22&AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIVXZLUYTJZ52OS6Q&Expires=1369459486&Signature=VLtO0isUyiFS6R86J%2B7f%2F4Z6H0M%3D" This is an automatically downloading, probable Malware/Trojan website!!! I have removed the hyperlink, because NO ONE should follow the address.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to track down this issue, or I would. I hope this information helps find it.
I'm unsure as to which of the following pages may have contained the script, but these were all the pages I opened near the time the unauthorized download began: Sharanga, Vulcan Repeater, Soul of Blight, Ocram, Cabbage, Brain, Tiphia, Honeycomb, Guinea Pig, Pet Zombie, Wolf Fang, Petri Dish, Bat, Vial of Blood, Pet Bat, Pet Slime, Dragon Skull, Arch Demon, Albino Antlion, Arch Wyvern, Sandgun, Illegal Gun Parts, Shadow Slime, Vampire Miner, Spectral Mummy, Dragon Hornet, Dragon Snatcher, Shadow Hammer, Spectral Elemental.
But, upon going through this list again, the issue did not repeat itself, which leads me to believe the script may be embedded in an ad--which doesn't help much in finding it, because I don't pay attention to the ads. =/
- I'm not aware of any scripts on this site and as far as I know you can't even add scripts to pages (for obvious security reasons). So most likely the script was indeed embedded in an ad, in which case the ad company has to do something about it and there is nothing we can do. --0icke0 (talk) 10:31, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
Some bugs that I've noticed in v1.1.2
1) While standing right up against a door, sometimes, you are unable to open said door.
2) Upon entering a world,or using alt-tab to minimize the full-screen mode, most blocks will turn invisible for a short amount of time.
3) Upon entering a world, monsters, mainly including zombies, will either de-spawn or be moved further away from the player (me).
4) In my world, I broke a golden chest with a Copper Hammer, and replaced it inside my house. When I tried to break it with a Silver Hammer, it wouldn't break (I just thought this was important but, I placed it right next to a door. Would that have been the source of the problem?).
5) Occasionally, when the message "The Blood Moon is rising", which indicates the 'rising' of a blood moon, appears, the effects of a Blood Moon (i.e. Zombies being able to open doors, the change in music, the sky/moon turning red) do not come into play.
This conclude my short list of bugs in Terraria V1.1.2
Change Ice Torch and Ichor Torch pages
I added those torches to the main torch page so the following pages need to be changed to redirects, however I cannot do it myself as the wiki does not allow me.
Pages needed editing by an admin.
inventory wiki needs to display one extra item
Merchant is now selling so many items, that the wiki does not display the last one (golden dust), even though it is present in the source code. I believe some changes to the template is needed. --JanoSicek (talk) 10:56, 7 October 2013 (UTC)
The SDMG page is being constantly reverted by a fellow who believes there is a chance of getting it from the Extractinator. We have developer confirmation from the official boards that this is not the case, and cited it in the article. Could we make that page protected? Thanks. --Theothersteve7 (talk) 04:30, 8 October 2013 (UTC)
- I've protected it for a 24h period. I will extend this if needed. --0icke0 (talk) 08:18, 8 October 2013 (UTC)
Mobile vs Console vs PC
With the vast differences between versions would it make sense to start forking the site to be viewed for the specific platform you're playing on? Similar to how you can view pages in other languages. My concern is players on mobile may see recipes from hard mode that aren't available or from console that will see hallowed bars for their hallowed armor pieces when those bars are really a 1.2 only item. I think it makes sense to allow a user to pull up the site using their preferred platform directly and only see relevant information to that platform. Personally I play on PC primarily, Android to a lesser extent and iOS least of all. It would be nice to get accurate information for the current platform when visiting the site. Switching between the various platform versions should be simple as well. Thoughts?
- As far as I know there is no way to add some tags or so that causes different information to be displayed when accessed through different platforms. Furthermore it would results in a lot of copy/pasting of information, while a simple icon in front of it would also solve most the problem. (Although icons for non-mobile pages are still missing.) --0icke0 (talk) 09:37, 9 October 2013 (UTC)
Meteor Head Banner
I recently killed a lot of Meteor Heads, and I found a new item not mentioned on the Terraria Wiki called a Meteor Head Banner. Its only use is to be placed. I think it should be added to the wiki, and perhaps someone who knows how to break into the game files could find out if it does anything else. My Steam name is Mystik188, contact me through that if you want some screenshots of it.
- Possibly a new item from the 18.104.22.168 update. Those will properly be added later today. --0icke0 (talk) 08:29, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
Party Girl trivia/cannot remove redundant section because this is "identified as harmful"
The Party Girl article includes trivia outlining her design referencing a character in outside media. However, it's set aside in a "notes" section, which is rather unusual for a simple character reference, and agreed upon on the talk page as inappropriate. While I've added the relevant trivia to the "trivia" section where it belongs, I can't remove the redundant "notes" section. The warning that informed me that I could not perform this action suggested I seek administrator assistance, which I am doing now. EDIT: Signing, because I'm an absentminded putz and forgot. 22.214.171.124 04:05, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
- It is removed now. Once you work on this wiki somewhat longer you will also be able to remove content like that, but to prevent vandalism not everyone can remove a section on their first edit. --0icke0 (talk) 09:36, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
While we're at the topic of Party Girl, can that article please be protected? It's got a really irritating edit war, and I've just added a link to picture of Redigit saying that it is, in fact, a reference to Pinkie Pie. Barhandar (talk) 09:09, 20 October 2013 (UTC)
Pirate Invasion Now Has Too Many Reward Sections
I tried to edit the Rewards section of the Pirate Invasion page and somehow duplicated that section several times. I wasn't allowed to then remove the extraneous sections. Sorry.
--Twizel-- 01:43 19 October 2013 (UTC)
There are edit wars going on
The Turtle page is in the middle of an edit war. I've posted in that talk page that it should be sorted out there, but one of the more recent edits asked that it be locked for now. There was also this edit war I found over the trivia on Mourning Wood's name. --126.96.36.199 00:45, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
- I was just coming here to say the same thing. I was part of those two pages. My rule of thumb is undo twice then report the third time. So far there hasn't been a third edit on either page but I have a feeling it's coming. The turtle page has had a large fight over the trivia. One person seems really fed up and has (most likely) started lying to get their point across saying it was "proven" without providing a source. I removed the Mourning Wood trivia as per the consensus on the Golden Shower talk page for... less than PG references. --188.8.131.52 01:01, 26 October 2013 (UTC) (Moxxy)
- I think it's bit silly that this edit should be disputed over, but community rules, I got it. I reverted the MLP reference, but I did not include the comment saying it should be avoided. As it's a comment, it's not visible in the article and mostly discourages people from trying to add that it's a MLP reference, while not affecting the readers. The trivia sections have gotten out of hand in my opinion. It's a turtle. There are other pages that the same set of users have been trying to include MLP "references" into, and it lowers the quality of the articles, I think. It's a turtle. Just my thoughts though. I guess I would vote for no trivia section, and the comment can either stay or go. 184.108.40.206 02:52, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
Best way to create images for vanity sets?
Not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, so I'll apologize in advance if it isn't. I'd like to start adding images for the new vanity sets, but I'm unsure what the best way to do that is. Is there an external model viewer that people typically use to get a high quality image (like what appears on Hero's clothes)? I'm reluctant to use in-game screenshots, because of the variety in character appearances and lighting. --Tiwuno (talk)
- You can use the xnb exporter for this. --0icke0 (talk) 11:13, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
Broken File Picture Type
I tried using the bmp type of picture, and it said it was permitted. I uploaded it, thinking it would work and it sorta did, but with an issue. When I look at the file, it says Error creating thumbnail: file type not supported. I can look at it in the full resolution btw. Can anyone fix this either way: by deleting premitted files bmp or changing it so that it works???
- Hmmm, weird. Maybe this happened in a recent software update. But as almost no-one uses bmp images I guess the easiest thing to do is to just wait for the next software update to fix this. --0icke0 (talk) 09:35, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
Search filter must be improved
The search filter only gives you results when you spell the full word correctly. For example when searching for the "headless horseman" it does not find anything if you search for head, headles, headless or horseman.
- There is (hopefully) someone working on, but it is taking quite long apparently. (See User_talk:Wynthyst.) --0icke0 (talk) 11:33, 6 November 2013 (UTC)
rope and wire
I think if connecting wire to the rope you use like for a hellavator would make it so the players wouldn't have to hold down the up and down key
Description there is a new pet that is not mentioned on the page for mobile called elfa and it's item is also called elfa and it is recieved by cutting down snow covered trees User: Death3789 please could add this pet to the page it was added on the recent update for the mobile terraria game
Please protect the Upcoming Features page from uncited information.
Context: http://terraria.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Upcoming_features&action=history I initially posted on the related talk page that I would be removing any information on the page that was not included in the provided sources. After three days of inaction, I removed them. Apparently someone saw it fit to insult me and begin an edit war. I again removed uncited information. I also provided a quote from the page header that my removal was justified as per the wiki rules. I propose protecting this page before any more edit and flame wars are started.