Terraria Wiki talk:Rules
We need to make a seperate page for references, and make sure they're confirmed. These list of possibles, loose references on nearly every single page annoys the hell out of me. The Scrooge McDuck one for the Lucky Coin topped the cake. They really goddamn grind my gears. half of them are so loose they should be pulled out like a rotten tooth. And then make a rule thst you can't add references to a page. —Preceding unsigned comment added by BlazingStars (talk • contribs) at 09:55, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
- Does using spaces between sentences instead of 'Enter' also grind your gears? Barhandar (talk) 10:02, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, it does actually.
- Yes, it does actually.
"North American" english?[edit source]
I hope this doesn't seem pedantic, but "North American english" is a bit ambiguous and in need of clarification. If it's intended to mean "US english", it should say that, period. - CountPacula (talk) 18:05, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
- I am surprised this has not been changed in two years. US/UK is infinitely more preferable than "North American English"/"Queen's English" HnZ88 (talk) 20:29, 25 August 2016 (UTC)
- I suppose it's easy to forget that a fairly large chunk of North America is Canada. No, we Canadians don't use "Queen's English", just North American English with UK spelling. Saffral (talk) 00:06, 9 June 2017 (UTC)
- Ok, I edited it. Should it say "UK English" rather than "Queen's English", or is the current edit sufficient? – Ferretwings (talk) 14:03, 9 June 2017 (UTC)
- Personally I would leave out the UK English portion, and write it as "Edit in U.S. English, not another version of English.", just because Canadian English uses U.S. English grammar but UK English spelling. And this isn't even counting other versions of English around the world. But it's probably fine either way. UK English is still better than "Queen's". Saffral (talk) 14:31, 9 June 2017 (UTC)
Won't start[edit source]
For some reason my terraria game won't start I'm on iPad it worked fine before if enybody knows how to fix it plz email me at email@example.com —Preceding unsigned comment added by Jacobmario247 (talk • contribs) at 16:02, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
Are we allowed to use bold and/or color in the signature?[edit source]
- It is open to everyone, so long as it follows the rules (mainly having links to your user and talk pages are important).TOTORO01 (talk) 20:24, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure you need to change your signature in preferences, or use BB code to change your signature. I'm not quite sure myself, but if I try this: LordofEditing Contribs talk 20:25, 1 December 2016 (UTC) and then compare it with four tildes (~~~~) LordofEditing (talk) 20:26, 1 December 2016 (UTC), or you could do bold text and four tildes. Though I'm not sure if it's reserved for admins.
- Anyone can style their signatures how ever they like, within reason. Admins don't have any particular special privileges there. The rules come down to "use common sense" -- keep it easy for people to contact you, don't hurt people's eyes with clashy colors etc, and don't obstruct the page.
- You can apply colors with CSS:
<span style="color:darkgreen">my text sample</span>-- my text sample.
- Within a link:
[[User:Equazcion|<span style="color:darkgreen">Equazcion's Userpage</span>]]-- Equazcion's Userpage.
- Equazcion (talk) 22:20, 1 Dec 2016 (UTC)
It has not been clear what patrolling is, thought it has been mentioned under "sock puppeting", plz make it clear what patrolling is, and how to do it. Terrariahelper2726 (talk) 01:34, 17 July 2018 (UTC)
- I don't see "patrolling" mentioned anywhere on the page.
- "Patrolling" is only available to admins. When an admin checks an edit for vandalism, they can flag it as "patrolled". – Ferretwings (talk) 17:05, 17 July 2018 (UTC)
Thanks a lot, that clarifies it.
Terrariahelper2726 (talk) 23:12, 17 July 2018 (UTC)