|Use time||25 (Fast)|
- Terrarian Beam
The Terrarian is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord yoyo which has a reach of 25 tiles and can stay in the air indefinitely. Similarly to the Flairon, it fires short-lived projectiles at a rapid rate which will home in on nearby enemies and bounce off of walls. The Terrarian has a
11.11*1/9 (11.11%) chance to drop from the Moon Lord. It is currently the most powerful yoyo in the game.
On the Desktop version, its best modifier is Legendary. Although Yoyos cannot normally obtain the Legendary modifier, the Terrarian is an exception and gets a unique set of boosts from the Legendary modifier: +17% Damage, +8% Critical Strike Chance, and +17% Knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Striking an enemy with the Terrarian's projectiles will activate an equipped Counterweight, even if the yoyo itself does not hit. Counterweights deal damage equal to the Terrarian itself, but do not feature the projectile effect.
- When paired with the Yoyo Bag or Yoyo Glove accessories, a second Terrarian will circle the first. They are identical in every way, including the green projectiles that the Terrarian shoots.
- Due to a bug on certain Console versions, the Terrarian does not stay out infinitely like intended. Instead, it will return to the player after a randomized delay.
- When reforged successfully to Legendary, the internal modifier ID #84 "
Legendary2" is applied, which is unique to the Terrarian. For all other items, Legendary is modifier ID #81. The usual Legendary modifier applies a speed bonus that cannot be applied to Yoyos, so a special Legendary modifier had to be coded that would be applicable to the Terrarian.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Single target DPS of the Terrarian is limited by penetrating weapon immunity frames. On every registered hit, immunity frames that lasts for 1/6th of a second will be gained by the target. In other words the Terrarian is only capable of damaging a single target 6 times a second (at most). Thus, using Yoyo Bag or Yoyo Glove does NOT improve the damage output against a single target.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Terrarian is available in reality thanks to One Drop YoYos . In November 2015, the original "Terrarian" came out, and then, in June 2019, a related yoyo called "Legendary Terrarian" was released by One Drop Yoyos. With the 220.127.116.11 update, you can now reforge the Terrarian to have the prefix "Legendary", granting you an in game version of the "Legendary Terrarian".
- Fittingly with being dropped by the Moon Lord, it appears to be made from Luminite, based on its hue.
- The Terrarian alongside the Zenith has the second-highest base damage of any melee weapon in the game, falling behind the Meowmere by 10 base damage. However, despite this, it usually has a higher DPS than the Meowmere because of the homing projectiles and the effect of the Yoyo Bag.
- The Terrarian has the longest reach, highest knockback, and highest base critical strike chance of any yoyo.
- It is the only yoyo that shoots projectiles.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now get the Legendary modifier.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.