From Terraria Wiki
|Internal Item ID: 2208|
- Not to be confused with the Terrarian.
Cages cannot be opened, broken, or un-crafted, so once a critter is crafted into a cage with the Terrarium, that particular Critter can no longer be released.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Some critters such as the Butterfly and the Firefly cannot be put in Terrarium, but in jars, bottles, and in the case of Goldfish, in Water Bottles.
- Penguins, Bunnies, and Goldfish which have been put into Terrariums do not become corrupt on Blood Moons.
- To cage every critter in a terrarium requires 28 terrariums, which takes 448 pieces of Glass (or 896 sand).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gold Critters have a unique sprite with golden lids and bottoms.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- New critter cages: Grubby Cage, Sluggy Cage, Buggy Cage, Red Squirrel Cage, Enchanted Nightcrawler Cage
- Introduced golden critter cages: Gold Bird Cage, Gold Bunny Cage, Gold Frog Cage, Gold Grasshopper Cage, Gold Mouse Cage, Gold Squirrel Cage, Gold Worm Cage.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.08: Added the Mallard Duck Cage.
- Console 1.07 Holiday Update: Introduced the Terrarium and caged critters (Bird, Black Scorpion, Blue Jay, Bunny, Cardinal, Frog, Glowing Snail, Grasshopper, Mouse, Penguin, Scorpion, Snail, Squirrel, and Worm).