|Knockback||7.25 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||22 Fast|
|Tool speed||7 / 6|
- Internal Item ID: 1305
The Axe is a Hardmode, post-Plantera hamaxe, a combination of a hammer and an axe. It produces an electric guitar sound when swung. The Axe has a 2% (1/50) chance of being dropped by Plantera on the Desktop version and Console version, and a 0.5% (1/200) chance on the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and . version
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Axe is capable of breaking Demon and Crimson Altars.
- In PvP, it seems to be able to hit a player twice in one swing.
- While auto-swinging, the player will be unable to change direction, much like The Breaker, Excalibur, The Horseman's Blade, and the War Axe of the Night.
- It has the highest Axe power of any item in the game (175%), even surpassing that of the Luminite Hamaxes (all 150%). It also has 12 more base damage, but its range is shorter by 3 tiles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Modifier prefixes are added in front of the "The" in its name, resulting in a grammatically incorrect name, such as "Legendary The Axe". It shares this trait with all other items that can possess Modifiers and whose names begin with "The". This error is not present in the Old-gen console version.
- The Axe closely resembles a Gibson "Flying V" guitar.
- The Axe was added as a tribute to Dimebag Darrell, guitarist and member of Pantera, which Cenx has stated is her favorite band.
- Its name and sprite refer to electric guitars being nicknamed "axes" in rock and heavy metal music culture.
- The Axe is one of the few musical weapons in the game, another being the Magical Harp.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Drop rate increased from 1/200 to 1/50.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]