|Knockback||7.25 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||23 Fast|
|Tool speed||7 / 6|
- Internal Item ID: 1305
The Axe is a Hardmode, post-Plantera hamaxe, a combination of a hammer and an axe. It produces an overdriven electric guitar sound when swung. The Axe has a 2% (1/50) chance of being dropped by Plantera on the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, and a 0.5% (1/200) chance on the Old-gen console version and . version
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Axe is capable of breaking Demon and Crimson Altars.
- In PvP, it seems to be able to hit a player twice in one swing.
- While autoswinging, the player will be unable to change direction.
- It has the highest axe power of any item in the game (175%), even surpassing that of the Luminite Hamaxes (all 150%). It also has 12 more base damage, but its range is shorter by 3 tiles.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Modifier prefixes are added in front of the "The" in its name, resulting in an arguably grammatically incorrect name, such as "Keen The Axe". It shares this trait with all other items that can possess modifiers and whose names begin with "The". This error is not present in the Old-gen console version.
- The Axe closely resembles a "Flying V" guitar model.
- The Axe was added as a tribute to Dimebag Darrell, guitarist and member of the American heavy metal band Pantera, which Cenx has stated is her favorite band. Fittingly, Plantera, the enemy referencing Pantera, drops it.
- Its name and sprite refer to electric guitars being nicknamed "axes" in rock and heavy metal music culture. Its dual role as a hammer comes from how some classic "hard rockers" would famously smash their guitars on stage as part of their acts.
- The Axe is one of the three musical weapons in the game, the others being the Magical Harp and the Stellar Tune.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Drop rate increased from 1/200 to 1/50.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]