The Eye of Cthulhu
|Type||Weapon – Drop|
|Use time||24 Fast|
- Internal Item ID: 3292
- Not to be confused with Eye of Cthulhu, the boss, or True Eye of Cthulhu, summoned by the Moon Lord.
The Eye of Cthulhu is a Hardmode, post-Plantera Yoyo which has a 25% / 30.94% chance to drop from Mothron during Solar Eclipse. It is one of the few yoyos that can stay in the air forever, and it has a reach of 23 tiles. It is currently the second strongest Yoyo in the game, only beaten by the Terrarian.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- You can achieve a greater damage output by using the Yoyo Bag Accessory.
- If this Yoyo is obtained pre-Golem, it can be a useful weapon when fighting it due to its high DPS.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Modifier prefixes are added in front of the "The" in its name, resulting in a grammatically incorrect name, such as "Legendary The Eye of Cthulhu". It shares this trait with all other items that can possess Modifiers and whose names begin with "The". This error is not present in the Old-gen console version.
- The Eye of Cthulhu Yoyo (without modifiers) does more damage than the Eye of Cthulhu, the True Eyes of Cthulhu (disregarding Expert mode), and The Twins. Technically, it is the strongest eye-related entity in the game.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()