Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Buff tooltip||Attackers also take damage|
The Thorns Potion is a buff potion which grants the Thorns buff when consumed. The buff knocks back enemies that strike you, dealing a third of their damage to them. This lasts for 2 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), by reloading the game (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This potion cannot be created in worlds with Crimson, as Worm Teeth are only dropped by Devourers in the Corruption. This is likely an unintended issue which arose with the 1.2.3 change. The Fishing feature introduced in 1.2.4 seems however to have balanced this by giving Crimson worlds the Heartreach Potion and Rage Potion while only giving Corruption worlds the Wrath Potion. However, both the Heartreach and Thorns Potions can be found in Chests, regardless of world type.
- The buff stacks with the Dryad's Blessing buff, but not with the thorns effect from the Turtle armor set bonus, which overrides it.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Added 1 Stinger and 1 Worm Tooth to recipe.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.