- Not to be confused with the Flying Knife.
Throwing Knives are thrown consumable weapons that can pierce up to two enemies. They have a 50% chance of being retrievable after use, even after hitting enemies. Throwing Knives can be purchased from the Merchant for 50 each, during a Blood Moon, and may also be found in Chests.
Throwing Knives are greatly affected by gravity, and arc similarly to Shurikens and Bones. They have the greatest range of the three consumable throwing weapons (with bones having the least).
- The Magic Dagger is a magical version of the Throwing Knife, behaving identically but consuming Mana instead of stacks of the item. It is only available in Hardmode.
- The Merchant will use Throwing Knives to defend himself if needed. However, knives thrown by him will not have any chance to be retrievable once again.
- 220.127.116.11: Weapon type changed from Ranged to Thrown.
- 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.