Have you tried using purification powder on the ebonstone of the corruption?
Thrown Powders are items that can be used to turn Crimson, Corrupt, or Hallowed blocks back into their pure form. When thrown, they release as a cloud spread with a very short range, comparable to that of a Broadsword, and produce a fair amount of light. Thrown Powder comes in three variants:
Purification Powder is able to revert any Corrupted or Crimson Blocks back into their pure form, such as reverting Ebonstone into Stone or Crimsand into Sand. It is purchased from the Dryad for
75*75 each, while a Blood Moon is not active. Unlike Holy Water and Blue Solution, Purification Powder cannot spread the Hallow.
- In Hardmode, one can use Purification Powder on a Tortured Soul in order to obtain the Tax Collector NPC.
Vile Powder is able to revert any Hallowed block back into its pure form, such as reverting Pearlstone into Stone. If thrown at a Bunny, Penguin, or Goldfish, it will turn into its Corrupted variants: Corrupt Bunny, Corrupt Penguin, and Corrupt Goldfish, respectively. It can be crafted from Vile Mushrooms or can be purchased from the Dryad for
100*1 each, during a Blood Moon in a Corrupt world. Unlike Unholy Water and Purple Solution, Vile Powder cannot spread the Corruption.
Vicious Powder is functionally identical to its counterpart, Vile Powder, to where it can revert any Hallowed block back into its pure form. If thrown at a Bunny, Penguin, or Goldfish, it will turn into its Crimson variants: Vicious Bunny, Vicious Penguin, and Vicious Goldfish, respectively. It can be crafted from Vicious Mushrooms or can be purchased from the Dryad for
100*1 each, during a Blood Moon in a Crimson world. Unlike Blood Water and Red Solution, Vicious Powder cannot spread the Crimson.
Vile Powder and Vicious Powder can be used to spread their respective biomes before Hardmode.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Poisoned Knife (50) ( )||By Hand|
|Poisoned Knife (20) ( )|
|Bloody Spine ( )||Demon Altar|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Purification Powder is able to shatter Shadow Orbs and Crimson Hearts.
- Purification Powder will not clear through Corrupt or Crimson thorny bushes, leaving the player to manually break them before they spread their respective biome.
- The powders do not affect background walls.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Purification Powder is one of the only methods of tunneling through Ebonstone or Crimstone to reach Shadow Orbs/Crimson Hearts in pre-Hardmode without the need to defeat the Eater of Worlds or the Brain of Cthulhu, the other methods being to use explosives or a Molten Pickaxe.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Vile and Vicious Powder can now be used to spread their respective biome before Hardmode.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Vicious Powder is now sold by the Dryad.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Vicious Powder is now used in crafting recipe for Bloody Spine.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Vicious Powder introduced.
- Vile Powder tooltip changed from "Removes the Hallow" to "Banishes the Hallow".
- Purification Powder can now purify Tortured Souls.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Tooltip for Purification Powder changed from 'Cleanses the corruption' to 'Cleanses the evil'.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Vile Powder is no longer sold on Crimson worlds.
- Desktop 1.2: Current powders given new sprites.
- Desktop 1.1: Vile Powder no longer deals damage, and can now remove the Hallow.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced with Purification and Vile Powder.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.