|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||17 (Very fast)|
- Thunder Zapper
The Thunder Zapper is a desert-themed Magic weapon obtainable in Pre-Hardmode. It is found in Sandstone Chests in the Underground Desert or Oasis Crates when fishing in the Oasis. When cast, it launches a fast-moving, non-piercing projectile that is unaffected by gravity and will disappear with a visual explosion that does no damage after traveling for about 1 second or when hitting a solid tile. The projectile moves up and down in a zig-zag pattern horizontally, but not vertically (traveling straight when shooting directly up or down).
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the medium mana cost and the very fast speed at which it auto-casts and its projectile, can be viable alternative to Gem staves.
- Since it is obtainable from fishing, it can be a good early-game magic weapon.
- The projectile is affected by the zig-zag motion, allowing for some interesting shot placement.
- One example is shooting through a half-tile gap (see animation below).
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.