With all pieces equipped, an additional 4 minions can be summoned (3 pieces + 1 set bonus). With the base allowable minion of 1, this set makes it possible to summon a total of 5 minions. With the right buffs and accessories, a total of 10 minions can be summoned (see tips section below). Additionally, wearing the complete set boosts summon damage by 30%.
Pieces[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Removing a piece of the armor causes the minion cap to drop, and any minions that were summonable due to its boost will despawn immediately. This can solve issues when a minion failed to be replaced by a newly summoned one.
- Both this armor and the Spooky Armor can be regarded as the second most powerful summoning armor, only being surpassed by Stardust armor. If there is no increase in minion numbers, Tiki Armor increases the damage by 650% (with 5 minions), while Spooky Armor increases the damage by 632% (with 4 minions). If the player does not have at least 1 accessory and/or buff that increases their maximum number of minions, Tiki Armor will actually make minions do more damage, with the upper hand of more defense. When you can summon 1 extra minion, Tiki Armor only increases it by 780%, while Spooky Armor increases minion damage by a further 10% percent. The more minions that can be summoned, the comparatively more damage minions do with Spooky Armor.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A full set of Pygmy Minions is able to devastate most Hardmode enemies, but minion movement limitations may require some help from the player, e.g. when fighting against airborne enemies. The Optic Staff or Raven Staff might prove more useful in this situation.
- The Tiki armor currently allows achieving the second highest minion boost when equipped along with the Pygmy Necklace, Necromantic Scroll, and Papyrus Scarab, and the Summoning and Bewitched buffs, which push the minion count to 10 (1 from base, 3 from accessories, 2 from buffs, and 4 from armor). The highest minion count is 11 and comes from using the Stardust armor (1 on helmet, 2 on chest, 2 on pants), along with the previously mentioned equipment and buffs. This is not counting the Stardust Guardian, or sentry style minions, which can increase this number by up to 5 for 16 minions total.
- Tiki armor is the most powerful summoner armor set pre-Moon Lord, even in terms of defense, that a player can obtain without a Mythril or Orichalcum anvil.
- It can be particularly useful while fishing (or AFK farming) due to the increased amount of minions you can use to easily dispatch enemies.
- It is often a good idea to use Spooky Armor when you are first summoning your minions (for the increased damage), before switching to Tiki Armor to gain the bonus minion.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.1: Updated female sprite.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.