|AI Type||Caster AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 45
Tim is a rare enemy found in the lower Cavern layer. With an appearance similar to Dark Casters, he can be distinguished by his Wizard Hat, which is guaranteed to drop when he is defeated. Like other casters, Tim will fire three Chaos Balls that pass through solid blocks before teleporting to another visible location on screen.
He is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tim can only spawn below a certain depth level. This level can be determined by adding the absolute depths of the bottom of the underground layer and the bottom of the Underworld, and dividing that by 2. Due to the randomized world generation, these values will be different for every world.
- In general, areas with lava are a good indicator of where Tim will spawn.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tim appears to be wearing a robe and a wizard hat, the latter of which is a guaranteed drop from Tim.
- Tim's spawn rate increase is described in changelogs as occurring if the player "need[s] his hat". This increase is actually triggered by wearing one of the gem-crafted variations of Robes – any of which can serve as half of a two-piece Wizard armor set with the Wizard Hat that Tim drops, granting the player a 10% increase in magic critical strike chance.
- Tim's name is a reference to Tim the Enchanter from the British comedy film Monty Python and the Holy Grail, as confirmed by former Re-Logic employee Blue on the Terraria IRC. The name of the achievement gotten by killing him is also a reference to his introduction in the movie.
- According to the Bestiary, Tim is Rune Wizard's younger brother.
- The Bestiary entry for Tim: "An enchanter in life, this funny fellow won't give up his robe or wizard hat without a fight. He prefers warmer caverns."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Now spawns more frequently if the player is wearing a gemmed Robe.
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Spawn chance increased.
- Desktop 1.0.5: A longer delay was added between the 3-shot volley and the next teleport.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Spawn chance decreased.
- Desktop 1.0.3: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.