We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Damage||20 / 40 (36)|
|Max Life||200 / 400 (440)|
|KB Resist||40% / 46|
|Internal NPC ID: 45|
Tim is a rare enemy found in the lower Cavern layer. With an appearance similar to Dark Casters, he can be distinguished by his Wizard Hat, which is guaranteed to drop when he is defeated. Like other casters, Tim will fire three Chaos Balls that pass through solid blocks before teleporting to another visible location on screen.
It is one of the few enemies that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|There Are Some Who Call Him... • "Kill Tim."|
|Defeat Tim for the first time.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tim can only spawn below a certain depth level. This level is below -795 on small worlds, -1323 on medium worlds, or -1718 on large worlds. In general, areas with Lava are a good indicator of where Tim will spawn.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tim's spawn rate increase is described in changelogs as occurring if the player "need[s] his hat". This increase is actually triggered by wearing one of the gem-crafted variations of Robes- any of which can serve as half of a two-piece Wizard armor set with the Wizard Hat that Tim drops, granting the player a 10% increase in magic critical strike chance.
- Tim's name is a reference to Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, as confirmed by Blue on the Terraria IRC. The name of the achievement gotten by killing him is also a reference to his introduction in the movie.
- Tim seems to spawn more commonly the closer you are to The Underworld, though he will not spawn in The Underworld itself.
History[edit | edit source]
- Now spawns more frequently "if you need his hat". (The player must be wearing a gemmed Robe.)
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- 1.2.3: Spawn chance increased.
- 1.1: No longer immune to On Fire! debuff.
- 1.0.5: A longer delay was added between the 3-shot volley and the next teleport.
- 1.0.4: Spawn chance decreased.
- 1.0.3: Introduced.
| Casters |
|Pre-Hardmode||Dark Caster • Fire Imp • Goblin Sorcerer • Tim|
|Hardmode||Diabolist • Necromancer • Ragged Caster • Rune Wizard|