|Type||Furniture – Crafting station|
|Dimensions||3 wide × 2 high|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Allows the combining of some accessories|
|Buy / Sell||10 / 2|
The Tinkerer's Workshop is a crafting station that is used primarily to combine pairs (or more) of accessories, into single items that provide the abilities of both. For instance, it can combine the Rocket Boots and Hermes Boots into a single item (the Spectre Boots) that provides the same rocket jumping and accelerated movement as the individual items did, without occupying two accessory slots. The Tinkerer's Workshop is purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer for 10 .
When combining items, the Tinkerer's Workshop will assign a new random modifier to the crafted item. The modifiers the individual items had beforehand do not influence the modifier of the new combined item.
The Tinkerer's Workshop is also used to craft a Boulder, and the unique unrecordable Music Box (Title) (using all 12 first recorded Music Boxes). On the Console version it is also used to craft the unique unrecordable Music Box (Tutorial).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Tinkerer's Workshop can also be used as a three-block-wide flat surface for placing furniture items.
- A Bottle (or similar) can be placed on it and used as a Placed Bottle for crafting Potions.
- This crafting station provides the most complex crafting chains in the game: The Cell Phone requires uniting four groups of three informational accessories into four intermediate items, then merging those into a PDA which provides "all the information", and finally combining that with a Magic (or Ice) Mirror to add "call for a ride home". Similarly the Ankh Shield combines 11 different protective items (mostly from Hardmode) into a single accessory that protects from most of the common debuffs. There are several other chains with two or three levels of combination -- e.g. the Spectre Boots noted above can be further upgraded to Lightning Boots and then Frostspark Boots.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Tinkerer's Workshop can be a crucial step in game advancement, as it effectively allows players to enable more accessory-provided abilities at once.
- Accessories often combine in stages; here are some notable "final targets", the terminal items of their crafting trees:
- Cell Phone: Most complex crafting tree in the game, combing 12 informational accessories and a "ride home" to your spawn point.
- Frostspark Boots: Speed, limited flight , and ice stability.
- The Grand Design: Everything for working with mechanisms.
- For balloons, there are two alternatives: The Bundle of Balloons offers the ultimate in jumpiness, or pick one of the Horseshoe balloons for fall resistance.
- Some Hardmode terminal items:
- Ankh Shield: Second most complex tree, combining 11 protective accessories to provide immunity to a variety of the commoner ailments inflicted by enemies. Also knockback resistance and some extra defense.
- Fire Gauntlet: Hit monsters harder and faster, and set them on fire too.
- Celestial Shell: Stat boosts and useful transformations.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used to craft[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Sprite updated.
- 7 new Tinker Combinations added.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: 19 new Tinker Combinations added.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: 7 new Tinker Combinations added.
- Desktop 1.2: 29 new Tinker Combinations added.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.