|Type||Furniture • Crafting station|
|Placeable||3 wide × 2 high|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Allows the combining of some accessories|
The Tinkerer's Workshop is a crafting station that is used primarily to combine pairs (or more) of accessories, into single items that usually provide the abilities of all. For instance, it can combine the Rocket Boots and Hermes Boots into a single item (the Spectre Boots) that provides the same rocket jumping and accelerated movement as the individual items did, without occupying two accessory slots. The Tinkerer's Workshop is purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer for 10 .
When combining items, the Tinkerer's Workshop will assign a new random modifier to the crafted item. The modifiers the individual items had beforehand do not influence the modifier of the new combined item.
Items crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop will be assigned no modifier.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Tinkerer's Workshop can also be used as a three-block-wide flat surface for placing furniture items.
- This crafting station provides the most complex crafting chains in the game: The Cell Phone requires uniting four groups of three Informational Accessories into four intermediate items, then merging those into a PDA which provides "all the information", and finally combining that with a Magic or Ice Mirror to integrate the recall functionality. Similarly, the Ankh Shield combines eleven different protective items (mostly from Hardmode) into a single accessory that protects from most common debuffs. There are several other chains with two or three levels of combination, e.g. the Spectre Boots noted above can be further upgraded to Lightning Boots and then Frostspark Boots.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Tinkerer's Workshop can be a crucial step in game advancement, as it effectively allows players to enable more accessory-provided abilities at once.
- Accessories often combine in stages. Here are some notable "final targets", the terminal items of their crafting trees:
- Cell Phone: Most complex crafting tree in the game, combining 12 informational accessories and a recall to your spawn point.
- Frostspark Boots: Speed, limited flight, and ice stability.
- The Grand Design : Everything for working with mechanisms.
- For balloons, there are two alternatives: The Bundle of Balloons offers the ultimate in jumpiness, or pick one of the Horseshoe balloons for fall resistance.
- Some Hardmode terminal items:
- Ankh Shield: Second most complex tree, combining 11 protective accessories to provide immunity to a variety of the common debuffs inflicted by enemies. Also grants knockback resistance and some extra defense.
- Fire Gauntlet: Increased melee damage, attack speed, and knockback, and all melee weapons inflict On Fire!.
- Celestial Shell : Stat boosts and Werewolf and Merfolk transformations.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used to craft[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Sprite updated.
- 7 new Tinker Combinations added.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: 19 new Tinker Combinations added.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: 7 new Tinker Combinations added.
- Desktop 1.2: 29 new Tinker Combinations added.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.