We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Type||Ore – Crafting material|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 1106|
|Internal Tile ID: 223|
Titanium Ore is a Hardmode ore which can possibly replace Adamantite in a given world. Titanium, like all Hardmode ores is generated upon destruction of an Altar with a Pwnhammer or higher. Like Adamantite, a Mythril Drill/Orichalcum Drill (or their Pickaxe equivalents) or better is required to mine it. On the Mobile version it can also be mined with a Palladium Drill. However it can be hard to find.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Adamantite Ore can be much easier to locate than its counterpart Titanium Ore, due to the coloration. Whereas Adamantite has a distinctive red color, Titanium has a sparkling dark gray with minuscule spots of green and pink (when in clusters). The grayish color makes Titanium harder to spot, and in dark areas it might even be mistaken for other ores like Platinum or Silver - it is however very easily distinguishable from the Stone Blocks where Titanium possesses a much darker, almost tar-like texture.
- The Minimap is similarly unhelpful for locating Titanium Ore, as Lead Ore is marked with almost the same color on it.
- Titanium is most easily found by using the Metal Detector and Spelunker Glowstick.
Location[edit | edit source]
- On a small map Titanium starts spawning around a depth of 1,400 feet (700 tiles), 100 feet (50 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- On a medium map Titanium starts spawning around a depth of 2,130 feet (1,065 tiles), 170 feet (85 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- On a large map Titanium starts spawning around a depth of 2,930 feet (1,465 tiles), 420 feet (210 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Titanium is a real metal. Its legendary reputation for durability is more based on its inert nature and corrosion resistance rather than its strength; in reality, titanium is no stronger than steel, though it is lighter and far more corrosion-resistant than steel.
- Titanium (scientific notation Ti) is No.22 on the periodic table of elements.
- Titanium's melting point is 1,668°C (3,034°F) in comparison to steel's 1510°C (2750°F)
- In the real world, Titanium is used for a variety of applications ranging from industrial presses for machinery, to medical implants, to local tools in everyday use.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Selling the ore rather than the bar yields 10 more per 5 titanium ore.
See Also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Placed Titanium has a new texture.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.2: Introduced.