|Placeable||(1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
Titanium Ore is a Hardmode ore which can possibly replace Adamantite in a given world and is functionally the same. Titanium, like all Hardmode ores, is generated upon destruction of an Altar with a Pwnhammer or higher. Like Adamantite, a Mythril Drill/Orichalcum Drill (or their pickaxe equivalents) or better is required to mine it. On the , it can also be mined with a versionPalladium Drill.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Adamantite Ore can be much easier to locate than its counterpart Titanium Ore, due to the coloration. Whereas Adamantite has a distinctive red color, Titanium has a sparkling dark gray with minuscule spots of green and pink (when in clusters). The grayish color makes Titanium harder to spot, and in dark areas it might even be mistaken for other ores like Platinum or Silver – it is however very easily distinguishable from the Stone Blocks where Titanium possesses a much darker, almost tar-like texture.
- The Minimap is similarly more or less helpful for locating Titanium Ore, since Lead Ore is marked with almost the same color on it.
- Titanium is most easily found by using the Metal Detector and Spelunker Glowstick, and other ore identifying tools.
- A Titanium Forge or Adamantite Forge is required to smelt the ore into bars – a regular Hellforge does not suffice. This is the same for Adamantite Ore as well.
Location[edit | edit source]
- On a small map Titanium starts spawning around a depth of 1,400 feet (700 tiles), 100 feet (50 tiles) above the depth at which lava begins appearing.
- On a medium map Titanium starts spawning around a depth of 2,030 feet (1,015 tiles), 170 feet (85 tiles) above the depth at which lava begins appearing.
- On a large map Titanium starts spawning around a depth of 2,930 feet (1,465 tiles), 420 feet (210 tiles) above the depth at which lava settles in The Underworld.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In Journey Mode it is more cost effective to duplicate the ore rather than the bar as the ore takes 100 research and the bar takes 25, however it takes 5 ore to make one bar, therefore researching 25 bars requires 125 ore
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Titanium is a real metal. Its legendary reputation for durability is more based on its inert nature and corrosion resistance rather than its strength; in reality, titanium is no stronger than steel, though it is lighter and far more corrosion-resistant than steel.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Placed Titanium has a new texture.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: No longer mineable by the Palladium Drill or Pickaxe.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, mineable by the Palladium Drill and Pickaxe.