The Tonbogiri is a Hardmode Spear. It has a small chance to inflict the Poisoned debuff and is in the same tier as Tizona.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Console, Mobile, and 3DS Versions[edit | edit source]
Console and Mobile Versions Only[edit | edit source]
- The very high sell value means that this is a very expensive weapon to reforge.
- Even though the Tonbogiri's tooltip says "A legendary Japanese spear coated in venom", it does not inflict the Venom debuff, but rather the Poisoned debuff.
- Tonbogiri is the spear used by Honda Tadakatsu, a legendary Japanese general who was said to have fought in a hundred battles without ever suffering a single wound. The spear's name translates to "Dragonfly Cutter", due to allegedly being so sharp that when one landed on its tip, it was instantly cut in two.
- Tonbogiri in Japanese is "蜻蛉切り". First two characters mean "Dragonfly" and other two means "cut" which can also be translated "cutter".
- On the Collector's Edition poster, in the description, it misspells the name as "Tobongiri".