We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||A legendary Japanese spear coated in venom|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Internal Item ID: 1877 / 5011|
|Console/Mobile/3DS-Only Content: This information applies only to the console, mobile, and 3DS versions of Terraria.|
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The very high sell value means that this is a very expensive weapon to reforge.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even though the Tonbogiri's tooltip says "A legendary Japanese spear coated in venom", it does not inflict the Venom debuff, but rather the Poisoned debuff.
- Tonbogiri is the spear used by Honda Tadakatsu, a legendary Japanese general who was said to have fought in a hundred battles without ever suffering a single wound. The spear's name translates to "Dragonfly Cutter", due to allegedly being so sharp that when one landed on its tip, it was instantly cut in two.
- Tonbogiri in Japanese is "蜻蛉切り". First two characters mean "Dragonfly" and other two means "cut" which can also be translated "cutter".
- On the Collector's Edition poster, in the description, it misspells the name as "Tobongiri".
History[edit | edit source]
Console Version[edit | edit source]
- Console-Release: Introduced.
Mobile Version[edit | edit source]
- Mobile 1.1.5694: Introduced, with new sprite.
3DS Version[edit | edit source]
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, with new sprite.
| Console/Mobile/3DS only items|
|Weapons & Ammunition||Egg Cannon • Sharanga • Tizona • Tonbogiri • Vulcan Repeater • Spectral Arrow • Vulcan Bolt • Heart Arrow • Holy Hand Grenade • Roman Candle • Zapinator|
|Armors, Accessories & Vanity items||Dragon armor • Titan armor • Spectral armor • Boots of Ostara • Valentine Ring • Sparkly Wings • Fabulous Outfit • George's Tuxedo • Oktober Locks • Dirndl Blouse • Dirndl Skirt • Alpine Hat • Lederweste • Lederhosen • Festive Top Hat • Mythical Costume • Monokuma • Shiren • Monomi • Toro|
|Pets||Beeswax • Brain • Broken Heart Crystal • Cabbage • Golden Seaweed • Holiday Bauble • Mysterious Package • Old Walking Stick • Petri Dish • Pot o' Gold • Shiny Black Slab • Suspicious Looking Apple • Turkey Feather • Vial of Blood • Wolf Fang|
|Music Boxes||Music Box (Ocean) • Music Box (Snow) • Music Box (Space) • Music Box (Tutorial)|
|Banners||Albino Antlion • Arch Demon • Arch Wyvern • Dragon Snatcher • Orca • Shadow Hammer • Shadow Mummy • Spectral Elemental • Spectral Gastropod • Vampire Miner|
|Other||Ocram Trophy • Soul of Blight • Suspicious Looking Skull • Wiesnbräu • Strange Looking Tombstone • Rainbow Piece • Cursed Stuffing • Horn 'o' Plenty • Red Envelope • Firecracker|