From Terraria Wiki
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||A legendary Japanese spear coated in venom|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- Internal Item ID: 5011
|Old-gen console/Mobile/3DS-Only Content: This information applies only to the Old-gen console, Mobile, and 3DS versions of Terraria.|
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The very high sell value means that this is a very expensive weapon to reforge.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even though the Tonbogiri's tooltip says "A legendary Japanese spear coated in venom", it does not inflict the Venom debuff, but rather the Poisoned debuff.
- Tonbogiri is the spear used by Honda Tadakatsu, a legendary Japanese general who was said to have fought in a hundred battles without ever suffering a single wound. The spear's name translates to "Dragonfly Cutter", due to allegedly being so sharp that when one landed on its tip, it was instantly cut in two.
- Tonbogiri in Japanese is "蜻蛉切り". First two characters mean "Dragonfly" and other two means "cut" which can also be translated "cutter".
- Spike Chunsoft uses katakana name(トンボギリ) for this item in Japanese release.
- On the Collector's Edition poster, in the description, it misspells the name as "Tobongiri".
History[edit | edit source]
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced, with new sprite.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, with new sprite.