|Use time||38 Very Slow|
- Topaz Bolt
The Topaz Staff is a phenomenal starting Magic Weapon given its low mana cost, high damage, and easy crafting recipe. It shoots a single bolt. It has slow speed and low knockback, but with your starting base mana of 20, this can be used to devastating effect during your first few nights, especially if you get a good Modifier.
Its best modifiers are Godly or Masterful: the first one increases critical strike chance and has 10% more knockback bonus compared to the second; on the other hand, the latter has a 25% mana cost reduction, making it a preferable choice if your player's mana is still low and can't regenerate fast enough.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If your world generated with Copper Ore, you will have to make the Amethyst Staff instead, unless you can gather enough Tin Ore with the Extractinator, collect it from another world, collect it from slimes, or get tin through fishing crates such as the Wooden Crate.
- The bolt does not ricochet, leaving you vulnerable if the bolt hits the ground first before you can cast it again.
- Due to its also somewhat slow projectile speed, this weapon suffers when facing moving aerial targets, such as the Demon Eye.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Inventory icon updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damaged decreased and mana use increased. Also fixed bug where projectile hit enemy more than once.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.