Torch God's Favor
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Unlocks an ability toggle to the left of the inventory|
When enabled normal torches change according to your biome
- Internal Item ID: 5043
Torch God's Favor is a consumable item obtained by surviving The Torch God event. Upon use, it permanently grants the player the ability to automatically convert regular torches in the player's hand to the current biome's torch variant, which positively influences the player's Torch Luck in most areas.
Torch God's Favor is a one-time consumable whose effect cannot stack (similar to Advanced Combat Techniques or the Demon Heart). When first used, the ability is switched on by default. It can then be toggled off and on via a Biome Torch Swap icon appearing in the upper-left of the inventory (similar to The Grand Design).
Torches placed with Biome Torch Swap toggled on will permanently remain converted to the biome torch they were placed as, even if freed and picked up.
Torch type priority[edit | edit source]
- Demon Torches take precedence over Hallowed, Corrupt, and Crimson torches, which in turn take precedence over all other biomes.
- Ice Torches take precedence over Jungle Torches (even though the Jungle biome takes precedence over the Snow biome for most other purposes like fishing and enemy spawning).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bone Torches and Demon Torches will be swapped in when torches are placed in the Dungeon and The Underworld respectively, despite not impacting torch luck in those areas.
- Coral Torches will not be swapped in while in the Ocean, despite being a biome-specific torch.
- Players who have already used a Torch God's Favor, or have one in their inventory, will not be able to initiate The Torch God event.
- The inventory's trash slot is not considered part of the inventory for The Torch God event, so having a Torch God's Favor there will not prevent the event from initiating.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A profit of
10*10 per torch bought from the Merchant (at base happiness) can be made by converting regular torches to Demon Torches in The Underworld, then picking up and selling them. However, a player who has progressed to the point that they are comfortable enough in the Underworld to spend time on this has much more profitable options.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.