|Use time||28 (Average)|
- Toxic Flask
- Toxic Cloud 1
- Toxic Cloud 2
- Toxic Cloud 3
The Toxic Flask is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that has a 2.5% / 4.94% (1/40 / 79/1600) chance to be dropped by Dr. Man Fly during the Solar Eclipse event. It throws a flask with low velocity and a heavy arc that explodes on impact and creates a spread of small toxic clouds that constantly damage enemies, even through blocks. The clouds last for one to two seconds.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Toxic Flask has the potential to be an extremely powerful weapon for a wide variety of purposes. Depending on the situation, the DPS from the toxic cloud can exceed that of the Inferno Fork, the Shadowbeam Staff, and most other Hardmode Dungeon-tier weapons. As long as you can support the high Mana cost, it is one of the best choices considering that it is available shortly after Plantera.
- While the Toxic Flask excels against crowds of enemies, it is usually less effective against single resilient enemies like bosses.
- Since its toxic clouds can go through blocks, it can be used as an effective tool against enemies that can travel through blocks like worms, Wraiths, Deadly Spheres, or Reapers.
- A single cloud will instantly disappear each time the weapon damages an enemy, which may or may not limit effectiveness depending on how many enemies are within the spread.
- The clouds can "boil" lava they touch making it useful in traps that involve lava
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Toxic Flask, Molotov Cocktail, and the Ale Tosser are the only weapons to feature a thrown bottle/glass projectile.
- It is the only magic weapon to have this property.
- Despite having "Flask" in its name, it is in no way related to the buff-granting Flasks: It can neither be consumed nor can it apply buffs to melee weapons.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.