|Use time||28 (Average)|
- Toxic Flask
- Toxic Cloud 1
- Toxic Cloud 2
- Toxic Cloud 3
The Toxic Flask is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that has a
2.5*1/40 (2.5%) / 4.94*79/1600 (4.94%) / 3.75*3/80 (3.75%) chance to be dropped by Dr. Man Fly during the Solar Eclipse event. It throws a flask with low velocity and a heavy arc that explodes on impact and creates a spread of small toxic clouds that constantly damage enemies, even through blocks. The clouds last for one to two seconds.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Toxic Flask has the potential to be an extremely powerful weapon for a wide variety of purposes. Depending on the situation, the DPS from the toxic cloud can exceed that of the Inferno Fork, the Shadowbeam Staff, and most other Hardmode Dungeon-tier weapons. As long as you can support the high Mana cost, it is one of the best choices considering that it is available shortly after Plantera.
- While the Toxic Flask excels against crowds of enemies, it is usually less effective against single resilient enemies like bosses.
- Since its toxic clouds can go through blocks, it can be used as an effective tool against enemies that can travel through blocks like worms, Wraiths, Deadly Spheres, or Reapers.
- A single cloud will instantly disappear each time the weapon damages an enemy, which may or may not limit effectiveness depending on how many enemies are within the spread.
- Combining this weapon with the Spectre Armor with Spectre Mask's damaging projectile set bonus can greatly increase its DPS, as the fast hit rate of this weapon will create many spectre projectiles, allowing extra damage to single or multiple targets. By allowing additional hits, this helps counteract the weakness of this weapon, which is that its clouds disappear after contact with a target. The rapid hits can also generate an immense healing rate with use of the Spectre Hood, especially against multiple targets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Toxic Flask, Molotov Cocktail, and the Ale Tosser are the only weapons to feature a thrown bottle/glass projectile.
- It is the only magic weapon to have this property.
- Despite having "Flask" in its name, it is in no way related to the buff-granting Flasks: It can neither be consumed nor can it apply buffs to melee weapons.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Drop rate in Expert Mode increased from 3.75% to 4.94%.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.