|Use time||28 Average|
- Toxic Flask
The Toxic Flask is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that has a 2.5% / 3.75% (1/40 / 3/80) chance to be dropped by Dr. Man Fly during the Solar Eclipse event. It throws a flask with low velocity and a heavy arc that explodes on impact and creates a spread of small toxic clouds that constantly damage enemies, even through blocks. The clouds last for one to two seconds.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Toxic Flask has the potential to be an extremely powerful weapon for a wide variety of purposes. Depending on the situation, the DPS from the toxic cloud can exceed that of the Inferno Fork, the Shadowbeam Staff, and most other Hardmode Dungeon-tier weapons. Unless you have trouble supporting the high Mana cost, it is one of the best choices considering that it is available shortly after Plantera.
- While the Toxic Flask excels against crowds of enemies, it is usually less effective against single resilient enemies like bosses.
- Since its toxic clouds can go through blocks, it can be used as an effective tool against enemies that can travel through blocks like worms, Wraiths, or Reapers.
- A single cloud will instantly disappear each time the weapon damages an enemy, which may or may not limit effectiveness depending on how many enemies are within the spread.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Toxic Flask and the Ale Tosser are the only weapons to feature a thrown bottle/glass projectile.
- Despite having "Flask" in its name, it is in no way related to the buff-granting Flasks: It can neither be consumed nor can it apply buffs to melee weapons.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.