Toxic SludgeHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Banner||Toxic Sludge Banner|
The Toxic Sludge is a Hardmode Slime enemy that appears in the Underground in place of ordinary Slimes. They deal significantly increased damage and have a 50% chance of inflicting the Poisoned debuff, which they are also immune to.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Toxic Sludge is one of the few enemies in Terraria to have a visible smile, the others being the Clown, Snow Balla and Snowman Gangsta.
- Disregarding the Gastropod, it is the only enemy slime on which a face is visible. (Baby Slime minions, the Slime Prince, and Slime Princess have faces, but do not damage the player.)
- The Toxic Sludge seems to be an adult version of the Baby Slime summoned by the Slime Staff, given its similar colors and face.
- The Bestiary entry for the Toxic Sludge: "Distantly related to the common slime, the Toxic Sludge takes down its prey with potent toxins and a disarmingly toothy smile."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.