From Terraria Wiki
(Redirected from Tree Nymph Butterfly)
- Internal NPC ID: 356
Butterflies are small critters that can be found in Forests during daytime. They can be caught with a Bug Net and carried in the inventory, or crafted into Butterfly Jars. They can also be used as Bait for Fishing.
Butterflies[edit | edit source]
Internal Item ID: 2891
|10||50% bait||444||Small spawn rate.|
Internal Item ID: 2001
Internal Item ID: 1994
|Purple Emperor Butterfly
Internal Item ID: 1995
|Red Admiral Butterfly
Internal Item ID: 1996
Internal Item ID: 1998
|Tree Nymph Butterfly
Internal Item ID: 1999
|1||50% bait||356||Small spawn rate.|
Internal Item ID: 1997
|Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly
Internal Item ID: 2000
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used In[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Butterflies spawned by a statue will disappear into puffs of smoke upon trying to catch them.
- The spawn rate for Butterflies is decided at random when a day begins. As such, some days will have countless butterflies, while others will have almost none.
- Keep in mind that Butterfly Jars cannot be uncrafted, thus once you put a butterfly in a jar you cannot use it as Bait for Fishing.
- On the Console version, you can attempt to plant moonglow seeds on normal mud blocks, and this may spawn a butterfly. This is very likely a bug.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly item is the 2000th item to be added to the game, as seen through its Item ID.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Gold Butterfly added.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Can now be used as bait.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.