|Type||Weapon • Crafting material|
|Damage||66 / 60 Melee|
|Use time||16 Very Fast|
- Light Beam
The True Excalibur is a Hardmode sword. It is a stronger version of the Excalibur, doing more damage and firing a glowing pink sword projectile called "Light Beam" in the direction of the cursor. Because this ability has a short cooldown, not every swing of the sword launches a Light Beam. The True Excalibur is one of the ingredients necessary to craft the Terra Blade.
Unlike the Excalibur, the True Excalibur is not capable of autoswing.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to their similar properties and counterpart characteristics, the True Excalibur can be compared to the True Night's Edge:
- The True Night's Edge does 36% ( 30%) more damage, but is only 63% as fast. The Light Beam can go through one block-wide gaps, both horizontally and vertically, while the Night Beam, the glowing sword projectile fired by the True Night's Edge, can pass through solid one block-thick walls if standing directly adjacent. It cannot be fired vertically through ceilings or floors.
- Because it spins, the Night Beam effectively hits more enemies than the Light Beam. However, the Light Beam can be launched more often and moves at a faster speed.
- The True Excalibur has a 16% ( 20%) higher DPS as it may do less damage but has more speed than the True Night's Edge. Note that DPS is merely a rough estimate and far from being a reliable stat for comparison.
- On the Mobile version, the beams fire faster when rapidly tapping the screen (thrice a second) than using the autoswing (twice a second).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Light Beams quickly pulsate, which can be viewed in detail by riding on a minecart at full speed and firing straight forward.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Damage increased from 60 to 66.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage increased from 55 to 60, shoots projectile more rapidly.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made changes from PS4’s 1.0.750.0 update. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: ()
- Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1.
- Damage increased from 60 to 66.
- Console 1.06: Damage increased from 55 to 60, shoots projectile more rapidly.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Damage increased from 55 to 60, shoots projectile more rapidly.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.