Animation of the The True Excalibur.
The True Excalibur is a Hardmode sword, and a stronger version of the Excalibur, doing additional damage and gaining the ability to shoot a glowing pink image of itself in the direction of the cursor. This ability has a short cooldown, so if the sword is being swung rapidly, not every swing will fire a glowing sword. The fired glowing sword can pass through 1 block wide gaps. It is available mid-hardmode, just like the True Night's Edge. The True Excalibur is one of the ingredients needed to make the Terra Blade.
Unlike the standard Excalibur, the True Excalibur does not autoswing.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Mobile and Console Versions[edit | edit source]
- Compared to the True Night's Edge, it does only 78% as much damage but is 65% faster. The light beam it fires can vertically and horizontally go through one block wide gaps, but can't be fired through solid walls or doors.
- Also, the True Night's Edge's Night Beam spins, making its hitbox larger and more likely to hit its target. The True Excalibur's Light Beam does not, and instead fires with its tip pointing the direction the cursor is aimed. This makes the projectile's hitbox smaller and less likely to hit its target. However, the True Excalibur can effectively "spam" Light Beams, but the True Night's Edge cannot do the same with its Night Beams quite as effectively.
- The True Excalibur has a 22% / 28% higher DPS than True Night's Edge. While the True Night's Edge has higher damage, it is slower than the True Excalibur.
- On the Mobile version, the beams fire faster when you rapidly tap the screen (1/3 of a second) than to use the autoswing (1/2 of a second).
- The True Excalibur's beams are referred to as "light beams" in death messages.
- The True Excalibur's beams also quickly pulsate, which can be viewed in detail by riding on a minecart at full speed and firing straight forward.
- Excalibur is the legendary sword of King Arthur, given to him by the Lady of the Lake. As such it is, contrary to popular belief, not always regarded as the equally famous Sword in the Stone(Which is the Enchanted_Sword_(item) in the game), though the two are often treated as the same.
- 126.96.36.199: Damage increased from 60 to 66.
- 1.2.3: Damage increased from 55 to 60, shoots projectile more rapidly.