True Eye of Cthulhu
|AI Type||True Eye of Cthulhu AI|
70140210 (Phantasmal Bolt)
110220330 (Phantasmal Sphere)
70140210 (Phantasmal Eye)
100200300 (Phantasmal Deathray)
- Internal NPC ID: 400
The True Eye of Cthulhu is an invincible Hardmode enemy that spawns when an eye of the Moon Lord is defeated. Since the Moon Lord has three eyes to defeat before his core is revealed, there will eventually be three True Eyes of Cthulhu pursuing the player until the end of the battle.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- A True Eye of Cthulhu will appear after an eye in the head or either hand of the Moon Lord is slain. It will orbit the Moon Lord and pursue the player, using mostly the same attacks that were used before it was released.
- Phantasmal Bolts: The eye shoots two laser bolts at the player, correcting for the player's movement. These can be dodged by changing direction rapidly.
- Phantasmal Spheres: The eye generates six copies of itself and flings them at the player all at once.
- Phantasmal Eye: The eye flies in circles, releasing homing eye projectiles. After they begin homing in on the player, they can be avoided by flying upwards.
- Phantasmal Deathray: The eye fires a miniature version of the Moon Lord's Deathray which is faster but shorter and less damaging.
- The True Eye of Cthulhu's attacks always follow a set cycle: Phantasmal Bolts → Phantasmal Spheres → Phantasmal Eyes → Phantasmal Deathray → Phantasmal Spheres.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because they are usually impossible to kill, the True Eyes of Cthulhu usually disappear only after the Moon Lord is killed or all players are defeated.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- To prevent oneself from being overwhelmed by the True Eyes of Cthulhu's attacks, it is beneficial to defeat all three eyes at the same time in their attack cycles. This is done by only depleting the hand or head's health to zero during the cycle's final Phantasmal Sphere attack. This makes dodging simpler, as their attacks will mostly overlap with each other.
- Using the Master Ninja Gear greatly boosts mobility and grants a chance of dodging, hence it is very useful for avoiding the eye's attacks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The True Eye of Cthulhu, Spike Ball, Blazing Wheel, and flying Golem Head are the only truly invincible enemies.
- Although it is called True Eye of Cthulhu, it spawns when one of the Moon Lord's eyes is defeated. This is because the Moon Lord is based off of the design of Cthulhu.
- Even though The True Eye of Cthulhu is invincible it has a health score and a hurt sound and even a sound if it is killed.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.