True Eye of Cthulhu
|AI Type||True Eye of Cthulhu AI|
|Damage||60 / 120 (108) (melee)|
110 / 220 (Phantasmal Sphere)
100 / 200 (Phantasmal Deathray)
70 / 140 (Phantasmal Eye)
70 / 140 (Phantasmal Bolt)
|Max Life||100 / 200 (220)|
- Internal NPC ID: 400
True Eyes of Cthulhu are invincible Hardmode enemies that are summoned by the Moon Lord when you kill the eyes on its head or on one of its hands. Since the Moon Lord has 3 eyes for you to "kill" before his core is revealed, there will always be 3 True Eyes of Cthulhu pursuing the player until the very end of the battle.
Attack[edit | edit source]
- A True Eye of Cthulhu will appear after the head or either hand of the Moon Lord is slain. They will orbit the Moon Lord and pursue the player, using mostly the same attacks that were used before they were released.
- Phantasmal Bolts: The Eye shoots two laser bolts at the player, correcting for the player's movement. These can be dodged by changing direction rapidly.
- Phantasmal Spheres: The Eye generates six copies of itself, and flings them at the player all at once.
- Phantasmal Eye: The Eye flies in circles, releasing homing eye projectiles. After they begin homing in on the player, they can be avoided by flying upwards.
- Phantasmal Deathray: Similar to the Moon Lord's Deathray, but with less damage and shorter range.
- The True Eye of Cthulhu's attacks follow a set cycle: Phantasmal Bolts --> Phantasmal Spheres --> Phantasmal Eyes --> Phantasmal Deathray --> Phantasmal Spheres.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- To prevent yourself from being overwhelmed by the True Eyes of Cthulhu's attacks, try to release all 3 eyes at the same time in their attack cycles. This is done by depleting the hand or head's health to zero during the cycle's final Phantasmal Sphere attack. This makes them simpler to dodge, as their attacks will mostly overlap with each other.
- Using the Master Ninja Gear can help you avoid its attacks.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because they are impossible to kill, the True Eyes of Cthulhu will disappear only after the Moon Lord is killed or all players are defeated.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The True Eye of Cthulhu, along with the Spike Ball, Blazing Wheel, and flying Golem Head are the only truly invincible enemies.
- Although they are called True Eyes of Cthulhu, they spawn when one of the Moon Lord's eyes are defeated. This is because the Moon Lord is based off of the design of Cthulhu.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()