Animation of the True Night's Edge.
The True Night's Edge is a Hardmode sword, and is one of the ingredients necessary to craft the Terra Blade. It fires a large glowing blade projectile that spins around, similar in appearance to the Night's Edge. The large glowing projectile fired from the True Night's Edge deals 76 base damage and 108 damage from Critical hits, The critical damage depends on what your damage is from damage accessories, etc.
Its projectile can pass through one block-thick barriers if standing directly adjacent, but can't pass vertically through ceilings or floors. Unlike most projectile swords, it fires a spinning projectile, instead of a straight one.
Like the True Excalibur, the True Night's Edge doesn't autoswing on the Desktop version and Console version. On the Mobile version and version, however, the True Night's Edge has autoswing, like most other weapons.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Desktop version and Console version[edit | edit source]
Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and 3DS version[edit | edit source]
- Compared to the True Excalibur, it does 27% more damage, but is only 65% as fast. The glowing sword fired by the True Excalibur can go through one block-wide gaps, both horizontally and vertically, while the True Night's Edge fired glowing sword can pass through solid one block-thick walls if standing directly adjacent. It can't be fired vertically through ceilings or floors.
- Up close the True Excalibur has a 22% higher DPS ( 28%) as it may do less damage but it has more speed.
- The True Excalibur fires a smaller beam of light, making it less likely to hit your target. However, the True Excalibur makes up for this with its ability to effectively "spam" light beams.
- The beam fired from the True Night's Edge is slower than that of the True Excalibur, however, as stated above it has a higher chance to hit the target.
- The True Night's Edge's beams are referred as "Night Beams" in death messages.
- If you look close enough to the projectile, it seems to resemble a regular Night's Edge colored green, rather than a True Night's Edge.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Damage increased from 78 to 90.
- Attacks slightly slower (Use time increased from 23 to 25).
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Damage increased from 70 to 78.
- Shoots projectiles more rapidly.