We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Internal NPC ID: 160|
- This article is about the NPC. Not to be confused with Truffle Worm, Shrimpy Truffle or Scaly Truffle.
The Truffle is a Hardmode NPC that sells various mushroom-themed items. To get the Truffle to move in, there must be a vacant House in (or near) a surface Mushroom Biome during Hardmode. Surface Mushroom biomes must be created manually by a player, and do not generate naturally. 100 blocks of Mushroom Grass and Mushroom Plants are required.
|70||After at least one Mechanical boss has been defeated.|
|40||After at least one Mechanical boss has been defeated.|
|1||After Plantera has been defeated.|
|It Can Talk?! • "Build a house in a mushroom biome and have Truffle move in."|
|Have a Truffle move into a house created in the Mushroom Biome.|
- If other NPCs are waiting to move in, they may move into a Mushroom biome home before the Truffle can. When attempting to spawn the Truffle, try to make sure ample Houses exist for other NPCs that have not yet spawned. Even after constructing a house meeting all the architectural requirements, it may still be "not valid housing;" that may be because there is too much Corruption or Crimson beneath the house, meaning you'll have to dig under and purify it.
- The Truffle is male and has a chance to be teleported by a King Statue.
- The Truffle cannot be relocated to a house outside a surface Mushroom biome but can be moved to a different valid house in another surface Mushroom biome. Trying to move him to an invalid house will give the error message, "This housing does not meet the requirements".
- The Truffle can however stay in a house after the surface Mushroom biome is destroyed. This can be exploited by creating an artificial Mushroom Biome near all of the other Houses and NPCs, have him move in, and then destroy the corresponding Mushroom biome, therefore having all of your NPCs in one place outside of a Mushroom biome.
The Truffle may have any of the following names:
- "There's been such a huge rumor that's being spread about me, 'if you can't beat him, eat him!'"
- "As if living underground wasn't bad enough, jerks like you come in while I'm sleeping and steal my children."
- "You haven't seen any pigs around here have you? My brother lost his leg to one."
- "I tried to lick myself the other day to see what the big deal was, everything started glowing blue."
- "Everytime I see the color blue, it makes me depressed and lazy."
- "I don't know the 'Truffle Shuffle', so stop asking!"
When Clothier is present:
- "Everyone in this town feels a bit off. I woke up to the clothier chewing on my foot last night."
When Witch Doctor is present:
When Dryad is present:
- "Between you and me, [Name of Dryad] is the only one I trust. She is the only one here who hasn't tried to eat me or use me in a potion."
During a Party
- "I would have invited everyone to party in my home, but there's not mushroom."
- All of his names are types of mushroom or toadstool.
- He is the only NPC that requires a specific biome to live in.
- The quote "You haven't seen any pigs around here have you? My brother lost his leg to one." is a reference to the historical use of pigs to locate truffles.
- The quote "As if living underground wasn't bad enough, jerks like you come in while I'm sleeping and steal my children." is a reference to players exploring mushroom biomes and collecting Glowing Mushrooms.
- The quote "I don't know the 'Truffle Shuffle', so stop asking!" is a reference to the movie, "The Goonies".
- The quote "I tried to lick myself the other day to see what the big deal was, everything started glowing blue." references the use of mushrooms as a recreational drug.
- 1.2.4: Fixed bug where Truffles had a hole in his shop if you didn't meet a requirement.
- 1.2.3: Now requires a mechanical boss to be defeated before selling the Mushroom Spear.
- 1.2: Introduced.