|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Can mine Meteorite|
- Internal Item ID: 3491
The Tungsten Pickaxe is an early-game pickaxe with 50 pickaxe power. This allows it to break hard blocks like stone in two hits, and mine Meteorite but not the Corrupted/Crimson Ores. This puts it effectively at power Tier 2, the same as the Bone Pickaxe.
It is built from a refined third-tier ore, like the alternate Silver Pickaxe. This alternate ore version has less power than the power threshold to two-hit stone, but the significantly higher mining speed still makes it slightly more efficient.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When digging stone-like blocks, Tungsten requires 38 ticks. Thus it is more efficient to use a Lead (36) or Silver Pickaxe (33), as they will dig faster, despite needing one more hit. However, Tungsten is marginally better than an Iron Pickaxe, which would be 39 ticks.
- When digging dirt-like blocks, it is faster to use the Tungsten Pickaxe because it only needs one hit (19 ticks) instead of two.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Tungsten Bars needed to craft reduced from 12 to 10.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.