|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||21 Fast|
|Tooltip||Can mine Meteorite|
- Internal Item ID: 3491
The Tungsten Pickaxe is the earliest pickaxe in the game with 50 pickaxe power. This allows it to break hard blocks like stone in two hits, and mine Meteorite but not the Corrupted/Crimson Ores. This puts it effectively at power Tier 2, the same as the Bone Pickaxe.
It is built from a refined third-tier ore, like the alternate Silver Pickaxe. This alternate ore version has less power than the power threshold to two-hit stone, but the significantly higher mining speed still makes it slightly more efficient.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes, and Legendary for combat purposes.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When digging stone-like blocks, Tungsten requires 38 ticks. Thus it is more efficient to use a Lead (36) or Silver Pickaxe (33), as they will dig faster, despite needing one more hit. However, Tungsten is marginally better than an Iron Pickaxe, which would be 39 ticks.
- When digging dirt-like blocks, it is faster to use the Tungsten Pickaxe because it only needs one hit (19 ticks) instead of two.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.