Turkor the Ungrateful
- Item (Quantity)Rate
Turkor the Ungrateful is a pre-Hardmode boss which can be summoned only during the Thanksgiving season (November 1–30). His body appears to be a cooked turkey on a plate, and his head is attached by a long, flexible spine. The head must be destroyed first, otherwise the body will have high enough defense to render most pre-Hardmode weapons useless. Once the head is destroyed, the body's defense lowers for 25 seconds, after which more heads grow.
Summoning[edit | edit source]
To summon Turkor the Ungrateful, the player must first summon the Pet Turkey with the Turkey feather, then use the Cursed stuffing. The summoning will despawn the Pet Turkey and will consume the Turkey feather if it is in the player's inventory (it can be stored in a Chest to avoid consumption). Turkor the Ungrateful can only be summoned during the Thanksgiving season. If one attempts to summon him outside of the thanksgiving season, the stuffing and feather will be consumed, but the boss will not be summoned.
Parts[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Turkor's body will deal high contact damage, but cannot move.
- Turkor's heads will float around the player, passing through tiles. They will occasionally quickly lunge towards the player, making a clucking sound before doing so. When all of the heads are defeated, the body's defense will drop, making it more vulnerable to attack for 25 seconds.
- One to three heads will be summoned, depending on the body's damage. If the body is damaged enough while heads are still alive, these extra heads will appear instantly.
- Turkor will be defeated once the body and all remaining heads are taken out. If the body is defeated while heads are still alive, the heads will become unattached, but continue to attack as usual. If any of the heads are killed via despawning off-screen, loot will not be received.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As it is expensive to re-summon, be sure to prepare well first with the best possible weapons, armor, accessories, and healing methods.
- It is possible to keep the Turkey feather by putting it in a chest before summoning, allowing an unlimited number of re-summons with one feather.
- Using Holy Hand Grenades when all heads are dead deals 600 damage each, so with 30 Holy Hand Grenades, Turkor should be defeated.
- Using the Crimson Rod or Nimbus Rod to create a cloud above his body is a good strategy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Turkor can be farmed easily by only attacking the heads.
- Turkor the Ungrateful is one of the only stationary bosses in the game, the others being the Celestial Pillars .
- Maps on the do not show boss icons. This makes Turkor one of the three bosses that do not have a boss icon, the other two being versionOcram and Lepus.
- Turkor the Ungrateful and Lepus are the only bosses that do not have a trophy.
- Turkor the Ungrateful may be a reference to Truckle the Uncivil, a character in the Discworld books.
History[edit | edit source]
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Removed.
- Mobile 1.1.6255: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.