Turtle Armor is a Hardmode Armor set made up of the Turtle Helmet, Turtle Scale Mail, and Turtle Leggings. A full set grants a vastly amplified Thorns effect, which reflects full damage from melee attacks onto the attacking Enemy. The full set of armor also provides 14% increased melee damage and 12% increased melee critical strike chance.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The set's Thorns buff will stack with the Thorns Potion.
- As of current versions, it is no longer possible to exploit this armor's Thorns effect to quickly defeat the Dungeon Guardian, as the Guardian's attack has been reduced to 1000 while its health remains at 9999. Upgrading to Beetle armor, however, will still allow you to survive a hit from it while using the right potions, modifiers, and accessories.
- If one intends to craft both chest pieces of the Beetle armor, a total of 78 Chlorophyte Bars (468 Chlorophyte Ore) and 4 Turtle Shells are required to craft the whole Beetle armor set.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The passive Thorns effect can be very convenient as many enemies — especially weak ones — will deal more damage to themselves than to you, effectively killing themselves. This, when combined with a Shield for knockback immunity, sometimes allows the player to completely ignore enemies.
- Combine with other tanking items like the Paladin's Shield for reducing damage to your friends, Frozen Turtle Shell for extra defense in low health, and Ankh Shield which grants you immunity to most Debuffs.
- You can combine the chest piece with the Chlorophyte Mask and Hallowed Greaves for increased damage perks, but at the cost of losing the Thorns effect and some defense. The Hallowed Mask is also a straight upgrade from the Turtle Helmet, and is more easily available than the Chlorophyte Mask. Equipping it on a set of Turtle armor trades away the Thorns effect to gain an extra 4% damage, 10% critical strike chance, 10% speed, and 3 defense.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now used to craft the Beetle armor set.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Female sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: The defense of Turtle Armor has been lowered from 71 to 65.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.