Turtle armor is a Hardmode armor set consisting of the Turtle Helmet, Turtle Scale Mail, and Turtle Leggings. A full set grants a vastly amplified Thorns effect, which reflects twice the full / full damage from melee attacks onto the attacking enemy.
The full set of armor also provides the following:
- 14% increased melee damage,
- 12% increased melee critical strike chance, and
- 15% damage reduction.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The set's Thorns effect cannot be improved by the Thorns Potion buff nor the Dryad's Blessing buff.
- As of current versions, it is no longer possible to exploit this armor's Thorns effect to quickly defeat the Dungeon Guardian, as the Guardian's attack has been reduced to 1000 while its health remains at 9999. Upgrading to Beetle armor, however, will allow you to survive one hit while using a Lifeforce Potion and Endurance Potion.
- If one intends to craft both chest pieces of the Beetle armor, a total of 78 Chlorophyte Bars (468 Chlorophyte Ore) and 4 Turtle Shells are required to craft the whole Beetle armor set.
- If an enemy banner is in effect, the set's Thorns effect will be diminished as the enemy's attack is weaker. This may be detrimental with lower level enemies, as the damage received will still be 1 damage, but the Thorns damage will be lower.
- As of 1.4, the reflected damage is capped at 1000.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The passive Thorns effect can be very convenient as many enemies — especially weak ones — will deal more damage to themselves than to the player, effectively killing themselves. This, when combined with a shield for knockback immunity, sometimes allows the player to completely ignore enemies.
- Combine with other tanking items like the Paladin's Shield for reducing damage to other players of the same team in multiplayer, Frozen Turtle Shell for extra damage reduction at low health, and Ankh Shield which grants immunity to most debuffs.
- The chest piece can be combined with the Chlorophyte Mask and Hallowed Greaves for increased damage perks, but at the cost of losing the Thorns effect and some defense. The Hallowed Mask is also a straight upgrade from the Turtle Helmet, and is more easily available than the Chlorophyte Mask. Equipping it on a set of Turtle armor trades away the Thorns effect to gain an extra 4% damage, 10% critical strike chance, 10% speed, and 3 defense.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Set bonus now gives 15% Damage Reduction.
- Set bonus Thorns damage now does twice as much.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now used to craft the Beetle armor set.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Female sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: The defense of Turtle armor has been lowered from 71 to 65.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.