|It has been suggested that this page/section be rewritten.|
Reason: "Console's Tutorial is much different than 3DS's, so this article needs a rewrite."
- This page is about the in-game tutorial. For Terraria Wiki Tutorial articles, see Terraria Wiki:Projects/Guides.
The Tutorial is a special world scripted to explain to the player the basics of the game. The player starts on a small floating island, between a small hole covered by three Wood Platforms. Nearby there are some Ores. The Tutorial will ask the player to do a certain task, and once it is completed the player will be able to start the next task. If the player, by accident or on purpose, does a task before they are asked to do so, the game will just let them skip it. The tutorial has its own music track. This plays only for the duration of the instructions and on , will change to the regular game music once the player has completed said instructions. The game will randomly choose a gender, clothes colors, and race for the player. The race tends to be Black or White, and not any specific colors. version
Contents[edit | edit source]
|||Where the player will spawn. The player is taught basic controls here, and it can be considered an arena for the Green Slime the player will have to kill.|
|||There is a Chest located under the ore the player will dig out. The chest contains 99 Wood.|
|||There is a small altar made of Gold, Gray, and Red Brick here, hosting a Chest surrounded by Tiki Torches. The chest contains a full set of Iron armor.|
|||Here there is a shack composed of Demonite Brick with Obsidian Brick Walls for background walls. Inside is a Chest containing a Healing Potion, an Ironskin Potion, and a Spelunker Potion.|
|||Under the spawn is a large vein of Gold Ore which you can make 55 Gold Bars out of.|
|||There is a Pressure Plate that triggers a Dart Trap here.|
|||Here there is a Chest containing a Lucky Horseshoe, 20 Glowsticks, and 5 Gold Bars.|
|||Under the island there is a small platform made out of Gold Brick Walls, Obsidian, and Hellstone. There is a Toilet, Bathtub, Chest, and Bed placed here, and if taken to the surface the player will be able to use it and the spawn point can be set. Inside the Chest in the middle is a Book, Bowl of Soup, and a Grappling Hook.|
|||There is a Golden Chest here containing a Bomb with the Large modifier. This is the only non-weapon item to have a modifier that can be obtained by legitimate means.|
|||At the bottom of the tutorial world, instead of The Underworld, is a barrier composed of lava and a layer of 3 Obsidian. There is a way to break through this barrier, but it requires obtaining a pickaxe, which is a difficult task because of the limitations of the tutorial world. The player cannot use the bomb to break through as the blast will destroy only two layers of obsidian, and unless the player finds another bomb the barrier remains unbroken.|
|Misc||If you made your way through the obsidian barrier, you will fall straight into the Underworld. However, the whole Underworld is a massive lava pool with no terrain that eventually kills the player.|
- There is a Floating Island above the "hill with many trees." It can to reached by placing exactly 85 Platforms straight up at the top of the hill, and then build right.
- The Floating Island is composed of a house made from Gold Bricks and Dirt Blocks, with two chests inside. Its style indicates it was probably generated in version 1.2.
Directions[edit | edit source]
- The game will first instruct the player to move around, jump, then fall through the nearby Wood Platforms.
- After jumping out, the game will tell the player to use an item, and switch to another one, more specifically, to the Copper Shortsword / Wooden Sword .
- After this, the player will be instructed to kill a Green Slime. The slime will always appear from the left.
- The player will then be told to cut down a tree to obtain some wood. The player is then told how to use this wood via the inventory.
- When the player enters their inventory, the player will be told how to switch between menus and how to craft. The player can leave the inventory after crafting three torches.
- After exiting the inventory, the game directs the player to a vein of ore, which the player is told to mine.
- The player is told to build 5 platforms to get out of the hole. Under the ore is a chest containing 99 Wood, ( only) which can be used to build the required house.
- The game then instructs the player to smelt the ore after exiting the pit. The player ends up with two of each ore, with two Copper and Iron left over.
- After that, the player is told to build a house of a minimum of 6 by 10 blocks. Even though a house can be smaller in-game, the tutorial will not progress until the requirement is met.
- The player will then craft a Work Bench, use it to craft a Door, build the background walls for the house, and place a Chair and Torch for a suitable house.
- After this, the player can explore the world and do whatever they want, but it is recommended that they create their own world.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The tutorial contains some old and deprecated text, and will tell the player that they can receive crafting from the Guide and use a Hammer to break furniture.
- During the scripted portion of the tutorial, the only enemy that spawns is the Green Slime. Once the player has completed the tutorial (by following all scripted instructions), other enemies will spawn at the appropriate layers.
- If not killed by player as instructed in the script, the Green Slime will spawn endlessly regardless of the normal spawn limit, resulting in hundreds, possibly infinite, of slimes in the area. 
- In the demo version of Terraria, you can only play the Tutorial.
- The player starts with the standard five hearts (100 health points) and can take damage from enemies and falls. However, damage will only reduce a player's HP to one quarter-heart (5 HP), meaning that in the tutorial world the player is essentially invincible except from Burning, drowning and Poisoning.
- It is possible to break through the lava-and-obsidian barrier at the bottom of the Cavern layer and access the The Underworld. This requires the player to get 2 bombs by killing Undead Miners or getting them from the slime bonus drop. Once there, the player will face all the enemies normally found in the Underworld, including the Voodoo Demon. Verify
- The world is an expanded world. This can be verified by counting the amount of tiles between the very left and right edges of the world.
- Players can place blocks on ropes, meaning that the player can potentially build a bridge right over the Lava.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Removed, replaced with a Tutorial button which gives tooltips for controls.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.