|Tooltip||You will fall slower while holding this|
|Internal Item ID: 946|
The Umbrella is a held item that can be found in surface chests and in Wooden Crates. When held, the Umbrella appears above your character and allows the player to fall at a slower rate. It prevents fall damage, and it replicates the effect of the Featherfall Potion.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Umbrella is very useful when doing a multi-jump with the bottles (e.g. Tsunami in a Bottle) and other accessories that increase jump height.
- You don't have to hold out your Umbrella for the whole fall time; you can pull it out on the last second of your fall for it to work. This requires a good reaction time or else you will take fall damage. Keeping the Umbrella in the hotbar for unexpected long falls can be life-saving, as long as you manage to equip it in time.
- Holding an Umbrella while flying on a Flying Carpet will increase the flight time significantly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Use of an Umbrella in place of a parachute to slow a fall from a great height is a common comedic trope.
- Having an Umbrella in the first inventory slot will cause the arm of a character's selection sprite to be in the up position as if it were holding an umbrella.
History[edit | edit source]
- 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- 1.2: Introduced.