- Internal Item ID: 946
The Umbrella is a held item that can be found in surface chests and in Wooden Crates. When held, the Umbrella appears above your character and allows the player to fall at a slower rate. It prevents fall damage, and it replicates the effect of the Featherfall Potion.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Umbrella is very useful when doing a multi-jump with the bottles (e.g. Tsunami in a Bottle) and other accessories that increase jump height.
- You don't have to hold out your Umbrella for the whole fall time; you can pull it out on the last second of your fall for it to work. This requires a good reaction time or else you will take fall damage. Keeping the Umbrella in the hotbar for unexpected long falls can be life-saving, as long as you manage to equip it in time.
- Holding an Umbrella while flying on a Flying Carpet will increase the flight time significantly.
- A player can travel great distances when combining the Umbrella with a Minecart. When the player rides off the edge of a suspended Minecart Track whilst holding an Umbrella, they will travel long horizontal distances. If the rail is high enough, distances reaching even halfway across the map can be traveled.
- Using an umbrella with the Shield of Cthulhu equipped, the charge while floating down can be used for longer distance or attacking flying enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Use of an Umbrella in place of a parachute to slow a fall from a great height is a common comedic trope.
- Having an Umbrella in the first inventory slot will cause the arm of a character's selection sprite to be in the up position as if it were holding an umbrella.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.