|Coins|250*250Pre-Hardmode: 625*625Hardmode: 500*5Post-Plantera: 1000*10
Undead Miners (and Vampire Miners on Old-gen console and ) are enemies that appear in the Cavern layer and follow the Fighter AI. Undead Miners wear a Mining Helmet, which provides a small amount of light around them. This light makes them much easier to find and can sometimes reveal sealed caves, much like blooming Blinkroot. Undead Miners can break down doors.
Killing them is the only way to obtain the Bone Pickaxe, Mining Shirt, and the Mining Pants. The Mining Helmet can be obtained from Undead Miners, but can also be bought from the Merchant for
40000*4 / 80000*8.
On the Desktop version, it is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
- The Vampire Miner does not take extra damage from the Stake Launcher, unlike the Vampire from the Solar Eclipse, even though they are both vampires.
- Vampire Miners do not wear the Mining Helmet and do not drop it, so keep this in mind when farming. However, they still give off light, like the Undead Miner.
- The Bestiary entry for the Undead Miner: "There's evidence of spelunkers having explored the caverns in the past... as well as evidence of them having died doing so."
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Undead Miners now have a chance to drop Mining Helmets.
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.0.4:
- Name changed from Dead Miner to Undead Miner.
- Health increased from 60 to 70, defense increased from 8 to 9, damage increased from 20 to 22.