- For the Solar Eclipse enemy, see Vampire.
Undead Miners (and the Vampire Miner in the Console version and Mobile version) are enemies that appear in the Cavern layer and follow the Fighter AI. They wear a Mining Helmet*, which provides a small amount of light around them. This light makes them much easier to find and can sometimes reveal sealed caves, much like blooming Blinkroot. Undead Miners can break down doors.
Undead Miners are immune to the Poisoned and Venom debuffs.
Killing them is the only way to receive the Bone Pickaxe, Mining Shirt and the Mining Pants. The Mining Helmet can be obtained from Undead Miners*, but can also be bought from the Merchant for 4 / 8 .
- The Vampire Miner does not take extra damage from the Stake Launcher, unlike the Vampire from the Solar Eclipse, even though they are both vampires.
- (*) Vampire Miners don't wear the Mining Helmet and don't drop it, so keep this in mind when farming. However, they still give off light, like the Undead Miner.
- Vampire Miner may have been influenced by Vortigaunts from the Half Life video game series.
- Undead Miners now have a chance to drop Mining Helmets.
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Name changed from Dead Miner to Undead Miner.
- Health increased from 60 to 70, defense increased from 8 to 9, damage increased from 20 to 22.