The Underground Jungle is a dense network of small caverns, composed primarily of Mud, pools of Water, Thorny Bushes, and Beehives. It is located below the Surface of the Jungle biome and extends through to the Cavern layer.
Furthermore, the Underground Jungle undergoes several minor changes throughout the course of Hardmode:
- Upon entering Hardmode, it becomes prone to being converted by the Evil Biome and starts spawning Chlorophyte Ore and Life Fruit.
- After defeating one mechanical boss, Life Fruit begin spawning / spawn at a faster rate.
- Once all three mechanical bosses have been defeated, Plantera's Bulbs begin spawning.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Temple Key(Always dropped)
- Pygmy Staff
- Grenade Launcher(Dropped with 50-149 Rockets I)
- Venus Magnum
- Nettle Burst
- Leaf Blower
- Flower Pow
- Wasp Gun
- Thorn Hook
- The Axe(rare)
- Plantera Mask
- Plantera Trophy
- Treasure Bag(Drops the Spore Sac in Expert Mode)
- Plantera Seedling(Dropped rarely in Master Mode)
- Plantera Relic(Dropped in Master Mode)
Location[edit | edit source]
|Map size||Min Start Depth||Average Start Depth||Max Start Depth|
|Small||60 ft||240 ft||420 ft|
|Medium||90 ft||360 ft||630 ft|
|Large||120 ft||480 ft||840 ft|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Backgrounds[edit | edit source]
This content is transcluded from Biome backgrounds § Underground Jungle (Underground layer).
Underground Jungle (Cavern)[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Added a new music track for the Underground Jungle.
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 1.2:
- Added bosses Queen Bee and Hardmode Plantera and Golem.
- Added Bee Hive and Jungle Temple (accessible after defeating Plantera).
- Added Life Fruit (Hardmode), each permanently increases the player's health capacity by 5.
- Added drops Bezoar and Hardmode Adhesive Bandage.
- Hornets and Man Eaters can now drop Ancient Cobalt armor pieces.
- Added Lac Beetle (Violet Husk), Spiked Jungle Slime, and Hardmode Jungle Creeper, Moss Hornet (Tattered Bee Wing), and Moth (Butterfly Dust).
- Added Rich Mahogany, Sky Blue Flower, and Hardmode Angry Trapper (Uzi), Arapaima, and Giant Tortoise (Turtle Shell) to Jungle and Underground Jungle.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Desktop 1.0.4:
- Desktop 1.0.3: Hornets and Man Eaters can now drop Jungle armor pieces instead of Cobalt armor (same stats, re-named armor).
- Desktop-Release: Introduced with Jungle Shrines, Jungle Grass Seeds, Jungle Rose, Hornet (Stinger), Man Eater (Vine) (both dropped original Cobalt armor).