The Underground Snow is a biome, and is the underground version of the Snow biome, starting at the Cavern layer and stopping at the lava layer. On the Mobile version and , the Underground Snow biome starts at the versionUnderground layer. It is composed mainly of Snow Blocks and Ice Blocks. Thin Ice can be found generated over water and breaks when a character falls over 4 tiles onto it (unless using the Ice Skates or another accessory crafted from them). The Underground Snow biome is the only place where Ice Chests can be found naturally.
This biome is sometimes also reffered to as the Ice Biome or the Underground Tundra.
On the Mobile version and , versionnormal-sized worlds only have a 1/3 chance of containing a snow biome, and their respective underground. Furthermore, Armored Vikings, Snow Flinx, Icy Mermen, Ice Tortoises and Ice Mimics will spawn much more rarely than on the Desktop version, Console version, and Old-gen console version.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Most enemies in the Underground Snow biome, as well as surface Snow biome inflict the Chilled debuff, and more rarely the Frozen debuff.
- On the Mobile version, it is the only place where Heart Shrines generate, so it may be worth traveling to an Underground Snow biome to find one.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.