We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|AI Type||Unicorn AI|
|Damage||65 / 130|
|Max Life||400 / 800|
|KB Resist||70% / 73|
|Internal NPC ID: 86|
The Unicorn is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in The Hallow. It is a very fast adversary and has a rather large amount of health. It can jump approximately seven blocks (14 feet) high and twenty blocks (40 feet) wide. It leaps around and charges, attempting to gore and trample the player. Its unpredictable and speedy behavior, combined with a high damage output, can make fighting it difficult. It always drops one Unicorn Horn, a valued item.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Players who recently entered Hardmode should avoid using melee attacks against Unicorns, as they deal a high amount of damage and are highly resistant to knockback.
- Fighting them in water slows their movement enough for normal knockback from swords to be effective.
- Digging a two tile-wide hole just big enough to stand in will allow the player to attack the Unicorn without being attacked, since the Unicorn is too big to fit through.
- Ranged-oriented players may need to use Grappling Hooks or Wings to avoid damage from Unicorns.
- The Dao of Pow is effective, as it often Confuses Unicorns into running away, which mitigates its frequent charges.
- A Chainsaw or very fast sword's knockback can also hold back the Unicorn's charges.
- The Flamarang is very effective, as its strong knockback will keep the Unicorn from charging. In some cases, the Unicorn will not be able to move at all when under these attacks.
- The Golden Shower can immobilize the Unicorn, provided it was properly reforged.
- The Piranha Gun can prevent multiple Unicorns from moving, as it will stunlock them, and home in on any of them that are remaining.
- The Megashark is very effective against Unicorns as the insanely fast speed of this gun will cause the Unicorn to stop moving and prevent it from charging.
- Any weapon with a knockback value of 8 or higher can potentially knock unicorns away from you.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Now has a chance to drop a Unicorn Banner.
- 1.2: Sound made when hurt changed. Now has a chance to drop Unicorn on a stick.
- 1.1: Introduced.