|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable unicorn mount|
|Buff tooltip||Charge ahead... fabulously!|
The Blessed Apple is a Hardmode mount summoning item. When used, it summons a rideable Unicorn Mount that gives the player an extra jump as well as the ability to sprint and charge through enemies, damaging them in the process. It can be dropped by all Hallow-related enemies, with a 0.5% / 0.67% (1/200 / 1/150) chance to drop.
Once a high speed is reached, the Unicorn emits a sparkle effect, and from that point on, the Unicorn will be able to damage enemies on contact. The invulnerability is granted for 1/10 second when the player and the Unicorn dash through an enemy, much like the brief invulnerability after taking damage. Dashing through enemies while riding this mount will deal 80 base damage excluding defense to them. This damage benefits from effects that boost the damage of summons.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Its speed reaches 61 mph according to the Stopwatch. At top speed, it is nearly twice as fast as a player wearing Lightning Boots. However, the unicorn mount can reach up to 80mph when running at max speed then falling. This can be useful especially when building a skybridge so you can get around faster.
- A Unicorn does not benefit from the effect of Asphalt Blocks, making players with Lightning Boots travel slightly faster on these blocks (64 mph with boots and 61 mph on a Unicorn). The Unicorn also does not benefit from Swiftness Potions.
- While riding the Unicorn, you will be damaged by one-block-deep lava, but not given benefits or slowed down by one-block-deep Honey.
- While the player is mounted on the Unicorn, they will only take 20% fall damage.
- The Unicorn makes you five tiles in height, unlike most other mounts, which only raise your height to four tiles.
- Even though the blessed apple's drop chance is quite low, considering it drops from all Hallow enemies, the mount is quite common, and is usually the first Hardmode mount obtained.
- If the player has Water Walking Boots, Obsidian Water Walking Boots, or Lava Waders equipped, then the Unicorn Mount will also walk on water.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Unicorn mount is arguably one of the best pre-Plantera mounts for its damage protection and ability to attack when moving at high speed.
- Mounting the Unicorn while dashing using the Shield of Cthulhu (or items with similar effects like the Tabi) will allow you to reach the Unicorn's max speed instantly.
- Using this mount against the Old One's Army can make the event trivial without too much major Mechanical Boss and post-Mechanical Boss progress, allowing you to more easily get a Defender's Forge.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All items providing an extra jump, like the Cloud in a Bottle, will stack with the mount, allowing a triple jump. If a Bundle of Balloons is equipped, it's possible to jump 5 times before hitting the ground.
- When using the Double jump, you have a green and yellow sparkling effect in the mount's trail. The color of the particles created by double jumping, as well as charging, are affected by Dye.
- Using any auto-firing weapon such as Terra Blade, Yoyos, or a Minishark, and firing it in the opposite direction in which you are moving will cause the Unicorn to "moon walk".
- The Unicorn on flat ground travels at the same speed as an unmodified Terra Blade beam.
- The achievement icon, as well as the dash attack and double jump, allude to the online flash game Robot Unicorn Attack
- Reaching the end of the world will reset the unicorn's dash.
- The color of the Unicorn Mount differs from that of the Unicorn. As well as this, the achievement Rainbows and Unicorns seems to use the coloration of the enemy.
- The saddle on the mount sprite is the same coloration as the summoning item itself.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: The Unicorn mount now properly displays its tooltip.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.