Unobtainable items are items that are unavailable in the game through regular play. This can occur for various reasons, ranging from copyright liability to exclusivity. They are only accessible via inventory editors or other third-party game modifications.
Unimplemented items are items that are partially present in the game files, however, due to their incomplete coding, they cannot be obtained, even with inventory editors.
General unobtainable items[edit | edit source]
Desktop version[edit | edit source]
Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and version[edit | edit source]
Mobile version and version[edit | edit source]
These items are all either illegitimately obtained or were already in a player’s inventory as a sort of legacy item on the above platforms.
Unobtainable Banners[edit | edit source]
Unobtainable Trapped Chests[edit | edit source]
The glitched chests still exist in the game code, but cannot be crafted or otherwise obtained. When edited into the inventory, they take the appearance of a Golden Chest and a Crystal Chest in-game. Mousing over them will freeze the player's character.
Unobtainable walls[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Attempting to give an item with the Biome Key Mold's former ID will result in it switching to a Biome Key.
- The item code for the Icemourne and the Scythe are now Boreal items, the Soul Scythe is now the Red Potion, and the Zapinator is now Bottled Water.
- The Zapinator is actually obtainable on the , as a drop from versionPlantera.
- The sprite for a Water Fountain that is not currently in the game can be found in the game files.
- The only unobtainable Luminite tool set with a name in the game codes is the Stardust set, while the others are just named Unknown.
- The Icemourne and the Scythe are obtainable on through the use of an inventory management software (Hacks). The Icemourne will have the description of the Boreal Work Bench, and the Scythe will have the description of the Boreal Wood Table, but the sprites will remain the Icemourne, and Scythe sprite. Both have their swing animations but no damaging hit boxes. May also just place an angel statue instead of swinging.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Desktop 1.2.4: Removed Icemourne and Soul Scythe, their item IDs being replaced by the Boreal Wood Work Bench and Boreal Wood Table, respectively.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced Zapinator.