Unobtainable items are items that are unavailable in the game through regular play. This can occur for various reasons, ranging from copyright liability to exclusivity. They are only accessible via inventory editors or other third-party game modifications.
Unimplemented items are items that are partially present in the game files; however, due to their incomplete coding, they cannot be obtained, even with inventory editors.
Removed items are items that have been removed from the game. There is no longer any data related to them present in the game's files, and their Item IDs are typically replaced by a new item.
General unobtainable items[edit | edit source]
- Solar Flare Hammer
- Nebula Hammer
- Vortex Hammer
- Stardust Hammer
- Stardust Chainsaw
- Solar Flare Chainsaw
- Nebula Chainsaw
- Vortex Chainsaw
- Stardust Axe
- Nebula Axe
- Solar Flare Axe
- Vortex Axe
- Pixel Box
- Treasure Bag (Lunatic Cultist)
- First Fractal
- Skull Bow
- Music Box (Journey's End)
- Bone Block
- Leaf Block
- Mahogany Leaf Block
- Living Wood
- Living Mahogany
- Lesser Restoration Potion
- Mysterious Package
- Shiny Black Slab
- Golden Seaweed
- Rainbow Piece
- Pot o' Gold
- Red Envelope
- Mythical set
- Ocram Mask
- Soul of Blight
- Firecracker (mobile)
- Roman candle
- Alpine Hat
- Dirndl Blouse
- Dirndl Skirt
- Oktober Locks
- Heart Arrow
- Valentine Ring
- Broken Heart
- Holy Hand Grenade
- Suspicious Looking Egg
- Boots of Ostara
- Turkey feather
- Cursed stuffing
- Horn o' plenty
- Festive top hat
Old-gen console version and version[edit | edit source]
version[edit | edit source]
These items are all either illegitimately obtained or were already in a player’s inventory as a sort of legacy item on the above platforms.
- Copper Watch(can illegitimately obtain on )
- Tin Watch(can illegitimately obtain on )
- Silver Watch(can illegitimately obtain on )
- Tungsten Watch(can illegitimately obtain on )
- Gold Watch(can illegitimately obtain on )
- Platinum Watch(can illegitimately obtain on )
- Toolbelt(can illegitimately obtain on )
- Ruler(can illegitimately obtain on )
Unobtainable Banners[edit | edit source]
Unobtainable Trapped Chests[edit | edit source]
The glitched chests still exist in the game code, but cannot be crafted or otherwise obtained. When edited into the inventory, they take the appearance of a Golden Chest and a Crystal Chest in-game. Mousing over them will freeze the player's character.
Unobtainable walls[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Attempting to give an item with the Biome Key Mold's former ID will result in it switching to a Biome Key.
- The item code for the Icemourne and the Scythe are now Boreal items, the Soul Scythe is now the Red Potion, and the Zapinator is now Bottled Water.
- The Zapinator is actually obtainable on the as a drop from versionPlantera.
- In the Desktop version, two new items were implemented: the Gray and Orange Zapinators, which can be bought from the Travelling Merchant at different stages of the game. They have erratic projectiles and do damage lower and higher than the Zapinator did respectively.
- The only unobtainable Luminite tool set with a name in the game codes is the Stardust set, while the others are just named Unknown.
- The Icemourne and the Scythe are obtainable on the through the use of inventory management software. The Icemourne will have the description of the Boreal Work Bench, and the Scythe will have the description of the Boreal Wood Table, but the sprites will remain as their respective original sprites. Both have their swing animations but no damaging hit boxes, and may also place as Angel Statues. version
- All Developer items edited in on the will have the tooltip "You shouldn't have this" and will disappear upon selection (no button to wear the vanity set, no matter how much of the item, will always say "0 items in inventory"), except for the Red's Wings, that can make the player fly indefinitely. version
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Desktop 1.2.4: Removed Icemourne and Soul Scythe, their item IDs being replaced by the Boreal Wood Work Bench and Boreal Wood Table, respectively.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced Zapinator.