|The game content described below is still in development.|
| This information pertains to features not yet included in the game, and is subject to change.|
They may or may not end up in a future Terraria release.
|Note: This article is about future Desktop version updates. For past updates, see Desktop Version history, Console Version history, Mobile Version history, and 3DS Version history.|
Re-Logic staff members occasionally announce and/or hint at various details of Terraria updates that are still in development. This page lists those details.
Since the updates described here have not been released yet, and many of these details are only conjectured based on comments or screenshots provided by the staff, all items here may be subject to change, or may not end up in a future Terraria update at all.
Upcoming features policy:
1.3.6[edit | edit source]
- Many new backgrounds.[forums 2][forums 3][tweets 1][tweets 2]
- New moon graphic. [youtube 1]
- New splash screens, most likely those from Console.[tweets 3]
- Razer Chroma Support.[forums 4]
- Improved Smart Cursor for digging in Multiplayer.[tweets 4]
- Water Candles and Peace Candles can be toggled via Wires.[tweets 5]
- A new female NPC might be added into the game.[youtube 2]
- A new NPC with some kind of object on their back, as seen in the Town Night spoiler.[youtube 1]
- Statues can be flipped around.[tweets 6]
- The Beach Ball is now susceptible to projectiles.[forums 5]
- Players can use formerly NPC-only emotes.[tweets 7]
- Mannequins can now utilize dyes and accessories.[forums 6]
- Multiple furniture sets with corresponding blocks and walls:
- New falling-leaf effect for Trees. Color of fallen leaves is affected by tree type and paint color.[tweets 10] [tweets 11]
- Wind effects on Tree and Plant animations will be added.[tweets 11]
- New wind mechanics, with a new music track along side of it. [youtube 3]
- Two new music tracks, one inspired by Winnie the Pooh, being the windy day theme and the other one called town night.[tweets 12] [youtube 1]
- All Cloud-type blocks will negate fall damage.[tweets 13]
- Some new foods, and resprites of old foods.[forums 9]
- New textures for vines. [tweets 11]
- 8 new minimap borders.[tweets 14]
- A new weapon named the Celebration Mk. II. It shoots multiple different types of fireworks in a similar fashion to the Celebration, but they appear to be affected by gravity.[forums 10]
- A weapon referred to as the "new and improved Star Cannon". Like the Influx Waver, a secondary projectile appears when an enemy is hit with the primary projectile in order to deal extra damage.[instagram 1]
- A new effect where certain items that the player walks near will float above the player. It is unknown what causes this or what items this affects.[tweets 15]
- The ability to place replace Blocks based on the highest Pickaxe Power of a Pickaxe in the player's inventory.[tweets 16][forums 11]
- The Cowboy set has been resprited.[tweets 17]
- Grass now moves when the player walks by it.[tweets 17]
- Grass Blocks now have a flattened variant.[instagram 2][tweets 15]
- NPCs use toilets they sit on.[instagram 2]
- A new metallic toilet.[instagram 2]
- New Minecart, resembling a fish, called 'Minecarp'.[tweets 18]
- Torches, Metal Bars, and Glowsticks can now be stacked up to 999 and Sticky Bombs can be stacked up to 99.[tweets 19]
- From build notes:[tweets 20]
- Flying Mounts can fly through Platforms smoothly.
- Biome Crates are now guaranteed to have a Biome Chest item.
- Mime Masks are now a proper vanity item.
- Adjusted all pending sell value issues.
- Can no longer spawn a second Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu by smashing more Shadow Orbs/Crimson Hearts respectively.
- Cactus/Pumpkin/Shadewood/Ebonwood/Pearlwood/Rich Mahogany Bathtub, Piano, Bookcase, and Grandfather Clock all require Sawmill to craft now.
- Nymph now drops money correctly.
- Falling Blocks will now turn into items if they don't fall correctly.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to join a dedicated server.
- Meteors will never land on the Dungeon.
- Stake Launcher now works correctly with Archery Potions and quivers.
- Town NPCs that fall off the map will die.
- Players must be within 300 tiles of the broken Larva for the Queen Bee to spawn.
- Players who are invisible/stealthed no longer have mouseover text or health bars.
- Tam O' Shanter, Tax Collector's Hat, Gangsta Hat, Balla Hat, Green Cap, Snow Hat, Mushroom Cap and Rain Hat now all show hair.
- Deep Sky Blue Paint should no longer show up as green sometimes.
- Vile and Vicious Powder now spread the infection from their respective biomes.
- Something that will make Hardcore players suffer.[tweets 21]
- Something done by Yoraiz0r that was thought to be unfeasible.[tweets 22]
- A new Mini Biome, the Oasis.[tweets 23]
1.4[edit | edit source]
Terraria Series[edit | edit source]
Following the release of the Terraria 1.3 update, lead developer Redigit has moved on to working on another project, though developers Yoraiz0r and Skiphs plan to continue updating Terraria into the future. While Redigit worked with the team to develop 1.3.5, it is unknown if he will continue developing updates after this.
Redigit stated that he plans to later release Terraria 2, a separate game from the canceled Terraria: Otherworld, although little information is known about the nature or content in the upcoming sequel.
References[edit | edit source]
Forums[edit | edit source]
- PC 1.3.5 is live! Apr 26, 2017
- 1.3.6 Background Preview (beach_truck-png) Jun 2, 2017
- 1.3.6 Background Preview (crimsonbg-png) Jul 14, 2017
- To add to our recent streak of spoilers, we'd like to share that 1.3.6 will bring full Razer Chroma Support! It is pretty glorious :^) May 12, 2017
- I am all about this idea, consider it done. :^) Apr 26, 2017
- Terraria Celebrates 6 Years! May 16, 2017
- 1.3.6 New Furniture Preview May 19, 2017
- Corruption + 1.3.6 = May 26, 2017
- Happy Thanksgiving! Terraria PC is 40% Off! Steam Award Nominations Open! Nov 22, 2017
- Happy Birthday to Terraria's Lead Developer & Resident Wizard: Yorai! Mar 22, 2018
- 1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap Apr 16, 2018
- This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled Apr 12, 2018
Tweets[edit | edit source]
- Something beautiful @CrownoO finished today for #1.3.6 Sep 11, 2017
- What kind of world gen... Although their world gen test had unexpected results, it is clear that the desert background has been tweaked. Aug 2, 2018
- Really digging the new splash screen designs. :D Jul 19, 2017
- 1.3.6 is officially underway - starting with a better Smart Cursor multiplayer pickaxe experience! Apr 26, 2017
- To be expected in 1.3.6. Always keep the suggestions coming! Apr 26, 2017
- Like the idea of flippin' statues? 1.3.6 will bring that option and more! Apr 28, 2017
- Coming soon to PC! May 8, 2017
- Happy Monday! Some exciting things are happening in the Re-Logic office today so we're sharing another look at 1.3.6 :) Jul 23, 2018
- Happy #NationalVideoGamesDay @Terraria_Logic Sep 12, 2018
- Leaves. #1.3.6 Aug 18, 2017
- It's a rather blustery day... Dec 12, 2017
- Our newest track was inspired by Winnie the Pooh and it is freaking amazing!!!!! #NewMusic #1.3.6 Oct 16, 2017
- Random stuff from today. @Demilogic @Terraria_Logic #1.3.6 #NoReleaseDate Oct 16, 2017
- New Minimap borders for 1.3.6! Which is your favorite? Jan 9, 2018
- The start of something awesome. #1.3.6 Apr 6, 2018
- Block Swap. #GameChanger #1.3.6 Apr 16, 2018
- "It's high noon!" @Lazure_Terraria did a little touch up to an old favorite for the upcoming #1.3.6 update! Apr 20, 2018
- Minecarp #1.3.6 Jul 17, 2018
- Learning to code and taking baby steps. #1.3.6 Aug 7, 2018
- A sneak peak at our latest build notes. #1.3.6 Aug 10, 2018
- Hardcore players are going to hate me. #1.3.6 Aug 16, 2018
- So I have been saying a certain feature wasn't doable...It is totally doable...and done! Aw yeah! @Yoraiz0r is a freaking boss! Aug 17, 2018
- The Oasis; A minibiome you will experience in 1.3.6! Oct 12, 2018
Youtube[edit | edit source]
Discord[edit | edit source]
- Terraria discord server Apr 21, 2017