|The game content described below is still in development.|
| This information pertains to features not yet included in the game, and is subject to change.|
They may or may not end up in a future Terraria release.
|Note: This article is about future Desktop version updates. For past updates, see Desktop Version history, Console Version history, Mobile Version history, and 3DS Version history.|
Re-Logic staff members occasionally announce and/or hint at various details of Terraria updates that are still in development. This page lists those details.
Since the updates described here have not been released yet, and many of these details are only conjectured based on comments or screenshots provided by the staff, all items here may be subject to change, or may not end up in a future Terraria update at all.
Upcoming features policy:
1.3.6[edit | edit source]
- Many new backgrounds.[forums 2][forums 3][tweets 1][tweets 2]
- New splash screens, most likely those from Console.[tweets 3]
- Razer Chroma Support.[forums 4]
- Improved Smart Cursor for digging in Multiplayer.[tweets 4]
- Water Candles and Peace Candles can be toggled via Wires.[tweets 5]
- A new female NPC might be added into the game.[youtube 1]
- Statues can be flipped around.[tweets 6]
- The Beach Ball is now susceptible to projectiles.[forums 5]
- Players can use formerly NPC-only emotes.[tweets 7]
- Mannequins can now utilize dyes and accessories.[forums 6]
- Spider Furniture set, as suggested on the forums.[forums 7]
- A corruption-themed furniture set and block, thematically similar to Flesh Furniture.[forums 8]
- New furniture set (possibly Vortex), block and walls. [tweets 8]
- New falling-leaf effect for Trees. Color of fallen leaves is affected by tree type and paint color.[tweets 9] [tweets 10]
- Wind effects on Tree and Plant animations will be added.[tweets 10]
- New Windy Day Event, with a new music track along side of it. [youtube 2]
- Two new music tracks, one inspired by Winnie the Pooh, being the windy day theme. The other is not known yet.[tweets 11]
- All Cloud-type blocks will negate fall damage.[tweets 12]
- Some new foods, and resprites of old foods.[forums 9]
- New textures for vines. [tweets 10]
- 8 new minimap borders.[tweets 13]
- A new weapon named the Celebration Mk. II. It shoots multiple different types of fireworks in a similar fashion to the Celebration, but they appear to be affected by gravity.[forums 10]
- A weapon referred to as the "new and improved Star Cannon". Like the Influx Waver, a secondary projectile appears when an enemy is hit with the primary projectile in order to deal extra damage.[instagram 1]
- A new effect where certain items that the player walks near will float above the player. It is unknown what causes this or what items this affects.[tweets 14]
- The ability to place replace Blocks based on the highest Pickaxe Power of a Pickaxe in the player's inventory.[tweets 15][forums 11]
- The Cowboy set has been resprited.[tweets 16]
- Grass now moves when the player walks by it.[tweets 16]
- Grass Blocks now have a flattened variant.[instagram 2][tweets 14]
- NPCs use toilets they sit on.[instagram 2]
- A new metallic toilet.[instagram 2]
- New Minecart, resembling a fish, called 'Minecarp'.[tweets 17]
- Torches, Metal Bars, and Glowsticks can now be stacked up to 999 and Sticky Bombs can be stacked up to 99.[tweets 18]
- From build notes:[tweets 19]
- Flying Mounts can fly through Platforms smoothly.
- Biome Crates are now guaranteed to have a Biome Chest item.
- Mime Masks are now a proper vanity item.
- Adjusted all pending sell value issues.
- Can no longer spawn a second Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu by smashing more Shadow Orbs/Crimson Hearts respectively.
- Cactus/Pumpkin/Shadewood/Ebonwood/Pearlwood/Rich Mahogany Bathtub, Piano, Bookcase, and Grandfather Clock all require Sawmill to craft now.
- Nymph now drops money correctly.
- Falling Blocks will now turn into items if they don't fall correctly.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to join a dedicated server.
- Meteors will never land on the Dungeon.
- Stake Launcher now works correctly with Archery Potions and quivers.
- Town NPCs that fall off the map will die.
- Players must be within 300 tiles of the broken Larva for the Queen Bee to spawn.
- Players who are invisible/stealthed no longer have mouseover text or health bars.
- Something that will make hardcore players suffer. 
1.4[edit | edit source]
Terraria Series[edit | edit source]
Following the release of the Terraria 1.3 update, lead developer Redigit has moved on to working on another project, though developers Yoraiz0r and Skiphs plan to continue updating Terraria into the future. While Redigit worked with the team to develop 1.3.5, it is unknown if he will continue developing updates after this.
Redigit stated that he plans to later release Terraria 2, a separate game from the canceledTerraria: Otherworld, although little information is known about the nature or content in the upcoming sequel.
References[edit | edit source]
Forums[edit | edit source]
- PC 1.3.5 is live!26th Apr 2017
- 1.3.6 Background Preview (beach_truck-png)2th Jun 2017
- 1.3.6 Background Preview (crimsonbg-png)14th Jul 2017
- To add to our recent streak of spoilers, we'd like to share that 1.3.6 will bring full Razer Chroma Support! It is pretty glorious :^)12th May 2017
- I am all about this idea, consider it done. :^)26th Apr 2017
- Terraria Celebrates 6 Years!16th May 2017
- 1.3.6 New Furniture Preview19th May 2017
- Corruption + 1.3.6 =26th May 2017
- Happy Thanksgiving! Terraria PC is 40% Off! Steam Award Nominations Open!22th Nov 2017
- Happy Birthday to Terraria's Lead Developer & Resident Wizard: Yorai!22nd Mar 2018
- 1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap16 Apr 2018
- This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled12 Apr 2018
Tweets[edit | edit source]
- Something beautiful @CrownoO finished today for #1.3.611th Sep 2017
- What kind of world gen... Although their world gen test had unexpected results, it is clear that the desert background has been tweaked.2 Aug 2018
- Really digging the new splash screen designs. :D19th Jul 2017
- 1.3.6 is officially underway - starting with a better Smart Cursor multiplayer pickaxe experience!26th Apr 2017
- To be expected in 1.3.6. Always keep the suggestions coming!26th Apr 2017
- Like the idea of flippin' statues? 1.3.6 will bring that option and more!28th Apr 2017
- Coming soon to PC!8th May 2017
- Happy Monday! Some exciting things are happening in the Re-Logic office today so we're sharing another look at 1.3.6 :)23 Jul 2018
- Leaves. #1.3.618th Aug 2017
- It's a rather blustery day...12th Dec 2017
- Our newest track was inspired by Winnie the Pooh and it is freaking amazing!!!!! #NewMusic #1.3.616th Oct 2017
- Random stuff from today. @Demilogic @Terraria_Logic #1.3.6 #NoReleaseDate16th Oct 2017
- New Minimap borders for 1.3.6! Which is your favorite?9th Jan 2018
- The start of something awesome. #1.3.66th Apr 2018
- Block Swap. #GameChanger #1.3.616 Apr 2018
- "It's high noon!" @Lazure_Terraria did a little touch up to an old favorite for the upcoming #1.3.6 update!20 Apr 2018
- Minecarp #1.3.617 Jul 2018
- Learning to code and taking baby steps. #1.3.67 Aug 2018
- A seak peak at our latest build notes. #1.3.610 Aug 2018
Youtube[edit | edit source]
Discord[edit | edit source]
- Terraria discord server21st April 2017