Upcoming features/Archive 1.3.1
This page is an archive of past versions of the current page.
The contents are kept for reference purposes only, and should be preserved in their current form. Do not add new comments here or edit this page.
The Terraria 1.3.1 update will be focused around improvements and additions to the wiring system of Terraria.[forums 1] Players are encouraged to send in their ideas here.
This update was released on May 22, 2016.[forums 2]
- Logic gates (AND, NAND, OR, NOR, XOR, and XNOR)
- New Hardhat item.
- Yellow Wire.[forums 3][forums 4]
- Snow no longer passes through blocks.[forums 5]
- Conveyor Belts, that move NPCs and items.[forums 6]
- Large Gems can now be placed in their own special containers, and can activate wire when done so.[tweets 1][tweets 2]
- New pressure plates that are activated by projectiles.
- New Large Amber gem.
- Togglable Heart lanterns
- Names under NPCs/Animals
- Updated Large Gem textures.
- Controller support.[forums 7]
- Traps can now face up and down.
- Block that works like a wire bridge, allowing two wires of the same color to intersect without merging.
- A new campfire.[tweets 3]
- Updated some crafting stations and piggy bank textures.
- Added many statues that spawn their respective NPCs.
- A new accessory that can automatically place actuators with blocks, similar to a Paint Sprayer.
- A new tool that can directly activate actuators without needing a wire signal.[forums 8]
- Portal Gun Station sold by the Cyborg
- New clothing Style
- Added Static Hook
- Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!. 6th August 2015
- Cenx comfirms the release date. 16th May 2016
- Yoraiz0r confirms logic gates 26th August 2015
- Yoraiz0r confirms Yellow Wire. The game only allows for 4 wire colors. Each wire color exists on a separate layer, and the devs are officialy out of layers. 25th August 2015
- Cenx shows off snow falling on blocks instead of through them. 16th October 2015
- Cenx shows off the Guide's heroism as he is hurtled into lava via conveyor belt. 18th November 2015
- Cenx announces controller support 29th Jan 2016
- While you can't actually place tiles in their already actuated form, we indeed added a tool to actuate them more conveniently. 8th April 2016