User talk:Giga 5
I appreciate the gifs you've been uploading, but I do have a couple of requests. We would like to standardize gifs in the following manner:
- Use the default male character (make no changes to clothing, hair, or color) (unless the character variation is part of the demonstration).
- If you wish to wear armor, please use the Familiar Clothes to hide it (unless the armor is being demonstrated).
- De-active effect-creating armor (such as Chlorophyte armor) (unless the armor is being demonstrated).
- Lighting is important. Unless the environment is part of the demonstration, please do it indoors, with a neutral background, and lots of light.
- When demonstrating light-emitting weapons, please do this with a dark background (but use torches to light up the area around you). Doing this indoors will eliminate the stars in the background.
- Make sure all pets, light pets and minions have been de-activated (unless the pet/light pet/minion is being demonstrated).
- Remove/hide all accessories and dyes.
- Use Target Dummies to demonstrate weapons, as enemies are too unpredictable (this is a 1.3 item, currently only available on desktop).
- Crop the video to make everything that does not belong in the video disappear.
- Cut the video to only show the necessary part.
We do have a pretty good GIF guide.
The idea is to eliminate all distractions, so the wiki user can focus on the item being demonstrated. Some of this you've been doing already :)
Could you perhaps use a solid background? Most editors use a plain stone wall, which seems to be just dark enough for demonstrating light-emitting weapons. Also, if you make the test area a little bigger, we can get a better feel for the weapon's range. Thanks! :) – Ferretwings (talk) 02:14, 26 October 2017 (UTC)
Ok! The reason I use planked walls is because in motion related gifs you can see the walls moving relative to your perspective, but I can see why they could be distracting. My next gif will be with stone walls. I already have a sort of miniature recording studio in my world! :D Giga 5 (talk) 03:27, 26 October 2017 (UTC)