Hello, give me access to root directory of Russian Terraria Online Wiki. I want to install some extensions. User Alex Great talk 10:40, 24 March 2013 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, we don't grant anyone root access to our wikis. Let me know which extensions you are interested in and I will see if they can be installed. -- Wynthyst talk 10:50, 24 March 2013 (UTC)
- OK. This extension:
- User Alex Great talk 13:53, 24 March 2013 (UTC)
- There are some changes coming next week that will make most of these extensions a non issue. I will be posting more details in a few days. -- Wynthyst talk 19:34, 24 March 2013 (UTC)
I have noticed the PT translation project as complete, but you have deleted ALL the translation, why is this, why did you delete our hard work?
- You can find the Portuguese translation here, as noted at the top of the project page.. --Icke 08:44, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
Thank you very much, sorry for this, also I have noticed the lack of work on the PT wiki, I would like to submit a progect to re-activate it.
Also why is it that the login page on the PT wiki didnt recognize my ENG wiki acc? --Ricalou 23:32, 30 March 2013 (UTC)
- Because it is a separate wiki, so you have to reregister. There is no need to "reactivate" the project, simply go to work on the Portuguese wiki and continue translating. -- Wynthyst talk 01:15, 31 March 2013 (UTC)
Hello, add zhtw (Chinese) interwiki function in Russian Wiki. User Alex Great talk 05:08, 3 April 2013 (UTC)
Why you add adblock in right side of page? Many and many ads? Top, bottom, and right.... OK, i want to say that this block merged infobox to down (see this for example). User Alex Great talk 12:52, 18 April 2013 (UTC)
- OK, don't warry, I finished this qestion... I delete
clear: right; from Common.css. Now infobox displayed correctly... User Alex Great talk 08:19, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
And what is it with user's names and pages "Wynthyst (User:Wynthyst)"? User Alex Great talk 13:01, 18 April 2013 (UTC)
- This is all part of our new wiki platform. -- Wynthyst talk 14:51, 18 April 2013 (UTC)
Hello. In Russian Wiki searching is crashed! Why search for individual words does not show the page where the word occurs at least once. Plz, fix it. User Alex Great talk 04:22, 9 May 2013 (UTC)
- Same seems to be the case for this wiki. --0icke0 (talk) 10:07, 20 May 2013 (UTC)
Hello, it recently came to my attention that it is impossible for (un)registered users to edit articles in the Guide namespace (although admins can). However non of those articles are protected. Can you take a look at that? --0icke0 (talk) 10:07, 20 May 2013 (UTC)
- Sure, I'll make sure it's added to the core permissions. -- Wynthyst talk 21:39, 20 May 2013 (UTC)
- It seems it is still not possible for (un)registered users to edit those articles (although they can edit the talk pages of those articles). Could you take another look at that? Also the search function still isn't working great either (see above). --0icke0 (talk) 09:44, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
- Sigh, I thought they had taken care of this issue. I will get it on the queue for next week! -- Wynthyst talk 10:28, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
Regarding a guide revamp
I was going through the 'Getting started' guide for my usual changes and restructuring. In prep for this, I bought the console version of Terraria in the hopes of adding (what I thought at the time) was minimal changes and differences. My impression was completely wrong.
The differences between the PC and console games is much more convoluted than what I had thought possible. If I was to do one single guide for the three systems it would far exceed being a simple guide and far larger than what would be necessary.
I would like to propose a fundamental restructuring of (at first) the Getting started guide.
It would be easiest to use the current page that the guide is on (Guide:Getting_started) as a gateway between three pages: One for the PC, one for the Xbox, and one for the PS3 version. While the differences between the Xbox and PS3 version are minimal, it would make sense to have console-specific pages to account for the changes between controllers.
Ultimately, it would be nice to have certain guides follow suit, which would allow a person on this wiki to easily understand where they stand in terms of which system they are on. The biggest culprit would be the crafting page (as the system is MUCH more detailed).
At the moment, nothing needs to be done. I would have to write all the guides from scratch, and that would probably take me a few weeks. Mainly, I just want your input on if this is a good idea or not. You have the experience and would most likely be the person implementing the structures.
So, what do you think?--Jesthel (talk) 01:04, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
- I think it's a great idea. We want the wiki to be as beneficial as possible for ALL players, not just the PC players. I personally don't own any game consoles, so I have no idea what the differences are between them are, so anything you can do to make it better, please do so. I would suggest though rather than using the current getting started guide as a disambig page, we simply create a notice box (like a nav box, but to put at the top of the page) that would direct players to the other versions as they are completed. I think it should say something like... "This article is a guide to getting started on the PC. For the X-box, please see <link to xbox guide here>...." etc. Or we could do something more like a nav box at the to that just has links (with icons) to the various versions. Work on getting the new guides finished first and we can figure out how to link them later. I would use a standard disambig naming convention, Guide:Getting Started (Xbox), Guide:Getting Started (PS3), etc.... -- Wynthyst talk 10:10, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
- Question - Are there any kinds of restrictions on using button icons from controllers? For instance, putting up the PlayStation X as an icon to insert into guides. Seems like a big gray area, especially for licensing.--Jesthel (talk) 17:20, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
- My guess is you can find something that would work in Wikipedia's creative commons.-- Wynthyst talk 23:10, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
Tell me why on wiki so many advertisements? I understand that it is a kind of purse of Curse.com. I do not mind advertising, which is at the top, at the bottom of the white page, and advertising in the "zone of Curse.com" (below the white part of page). And even I don't interfere with pop-up ads at the bottom of the browser.
But tell me why it was necessary to place the ads to the right of the text. It is impeding, and breaks some templates (double, etc.). Let's get rid of it. I have a feeling that this is Terraria Wikia, where advertising is many. If you know what I mean. User Alex Great talk 08:27, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
- This is part of the new Gampedia platform. Unfortunately, something has to cover our costs of doing business. -- Wynthyst talk 08:54, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
If I would have received the salary, I can not be asked such a question. But is the amount of income depends on the number of ads on the site? User Alex Great talk 08:03, 15 July 2013 (UTC)
Tell me, what is the difference between a bureaucrat and administrator? User Alex Great talk 09:24, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
- A Bureaucrat can promote other people, and Administrator can't. -- Wynthyst talk 01:53, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- Boost me up to bureaucrat. Alex Great talk
Russian search system
Please, repair Searching on Russian Wiki. Alex Great talk 04:28, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- And don't forget, that Russian Wiki is live as opossed another language Terraria wikis. Alex Great talk 04:51, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- Russian searching not still works. I think that all because of Cyrillic letters, 'cause searching system find latin letters. Alex Great talk 06:14, 6 September 2013 (UTC)
- I have the guys looking into this. I'm sorry it's taking so long. -- Wynthyst talk 08:40, 6 September 2013 (UTC)
- I think it's all about coding. UTF-8 is possible. Look, maybe it all because of it. Since, maybe, coding does not take Cyrillic search engine. Necessary to solve the problem. Since soon (allegedly) version 1.2 will be released and millions of russian players will rush to the wiki. Alex Great talk 04:16, 7 September 2013 (UTC)
- How is the progress? Since search system is still not working. Alex Great talk 09:17, 4 November 2013 (UTC)
About Auto Language Convert
Hello! I have a little problem about the Chinese wiki. I just think the default version of Chinese-language mediawiki have it's own language convertion to convert Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese. And, for example, the site Chinese minecraft wiki http://minecraft-zh.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki holds a multi-language tab at the top of every page( use the php method 'get' of '&variant=zh' or '&variant=zh-hans'or other ) shows '大陆简体'. That kinds of wiki holds the 'pageMediaWiki:Conversiontable' (acts as the convert table). But as Chinese terraria wiki, it even seems not to have the inner convert table ( ZhConversion.php )... It isn't really imprtant, but if the wiki can auto convert zh-hans and zh-hant(maybe zh-tw), things will get better... DevilsoulEX (talk) 10:19, 6 October 2013 (UTC)
- I will talk to our dev team to see what it takes to get this implemented here. -- Wynthyst talk 10:40, 6 October 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot :) DevilsoulEX (talk) 10:43, 6 October 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I did not see any way to report vandalism so I will just tell you about it here. A user(22.214.171.124), has been continually reverting changes to a page. Thanks in advance, -Krogglidor 126.96.36.199 03:36, 8 October 2013 (UTC)
- I posted a topic in the Admin Noticeboard. I'm not sure it's malicious, he's just very convinced that the SDMG comes from the extractinator. --Theothersteve7 (talk) 04:33, 8 October 2013 (UTC)
Drop-down element in the form of an arrow
Hello, why text in Recent Changes does not spoiler in the element under the arrow? That is, For example, changes to the same page, or downloaded images. Should drop out on a single stroke with an arrow oriented to the right. I think you will understand me. And also missing the button "close" an element MediaWiki:Sitenotice. Alex Great talk 09:27, 4 November 2013 (UTC)
- How recent changes appears is dependent on the choices you make in your personal preferences. If you wish to have changes grouped by page, you need to select that option. I'm not sure what you mean by close a sitenotice? -- Wynthyst talk 09:38, 4 November 2013 (UTC)
Request of adding new language category for zhcn
Used for Simplified Chinese（简体中文）.
- I believe all Chinese translation pages have been moved to a different domain at . See Terraria_Wiki:Projects/Chinese_translation for more information. Also, you can sign your comments with ~~~~ so people can see what who is writing.
- Also, I'm willing to do a cleanup of all remaining Chinese pages/templates on this wiki if Wynthyst can confirm that all Chinese pages were migrated as they appeared to be. Thanks! Sylarmorgan (talk) 20:06, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
Well, we have no permission to modify the main page of zhtw. It doesn't update for several months. Auto Language Convert not works well sometime. And they force all the translater use Traditional Chinese （See HERE）. So request again. MCwolski (talk) 03:33, 13 November 2013 (UTC)
Please add to the Russian wiki (and your/other wiki) this element. Alex Great talk 08:49, 13 November 2013 (UTC)
- All-clear. It turns out there. But I do not know how to use it. Alex Great talk 11:26, 13 November 2013 (UTC)
When and whats going to be added in the Xbox/Play station release
About the translation template on terraria-zhtw
I notice that you removed the translation template due to its high resource consumption.on server side. I understand your decision(The pages which affected by this problem cannot even save edits properly). But I have to also admit that translation template is very important on the chinese wiki(So many pages/template use it). So my questtion/suggestion is: instead of abandoning translation template totally, can we split the page which overuse the template into several pieces to avoid the effciency issue? I made the recipes page with this method. So far i think it provides a workaround for the problem.
btw, do we have a <tabview> funcion here? like this page on wikia. If we do, I think it is also kinka a solution. --Honestleaf (talk) 08:28, 14 December 2013 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, it came down to a choice of removing the translation template, or closing the wiki completely. I understand how widely it is used, and I started (with the main page) manually changing things over, which I will continue as time permits. We do not have the same tabview functionality as Wikia uses, though we do have something similar, however, again, it was not a decision I made, but came from higher up the food chain. At this point, I believe that if we want to keep the Chinese wiki open, we need to just continue converting the translations over as I have started. I wish I had a better answer for you. -- Wynthyst talk 09:53, 14 December 2013 (UTC)
- Okey, I get it. I think I just need to write a simple program to do the translation locally. --Honestleaf (talk) 22:04, 14 December 2013 (UTC)
Spam bots and articles
Hello, Happy New Year. Plz, help me with spammers on Russian Wiki. Add on filter (or write to me) some codelines that produce block of IP and/or failure of page creating when article has a 80-90% of Latin script (it's a easy way that Russian use a Cyrillic script). The large spam articles creates by Spammers, see this: ru:Служебная:Журналы/delete. Thanks. Alex Great talk 06:29, 1 January 2014 (UTC)
- 0icke0 said that you will be help me with it. I don't understand filter syntax. Plz add code in Russian wiki. Thanks. Alex Great talk 03:37, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
hey umm i play xbox360 terraria and so i went in my piggy bank it was all glitched out and so when i put anything in it then exit and save go back in to the world and went in my piggy bank it was gone but iron pickaxes would apper in big stacks of like 986 pickaxes then my clenzor was gone and my terra blade was gone and some stuff in my inventory turnd to torches. the thing that bugs me the most is that was in the place of were my terra blade was a ble spool of string and it was glitched out it said golden pickaxe: meele 40 duration 0 consumible and more. it all started when my friend gave me Reds wings.
Lunar Update comfirmation
Apparently, on Twitter, Redigit announced that The lunar update will be implanted Thursdayish.
I have the link:http://i.imgur.com/dEVvgqg.jpg