|Use time||9 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots a powerful, high velocity bullet|
- Internal Item ID: 1265
The Uzi is a Hardmode gun that fires bullets at high velocity, with a high rate of fire, and with high damage output. Musket Balls and Silver Bullets shot from this weapon gain the effects (but not damage) of High Velocity Bullets. It has a 1/100 (1%) ( ) / 1/200 (0.5%) ( ) chance to drop from an Angry Trapper.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Uzi can be considered an alternative to the Megashark, if the player is fortunate enough to have an Angry Trapper drop it. The main differences are:
- The Uzi is obtainable before defeating any Hardmode bosses, while the Megashark requires The Destroyer to be defeated first.
- The Uzi has a much higher base knockback/second (20 versus 8.5) than the Megashark does.
- The Uzi is slightly slower but deals more damage per round. On enemies with more than 36 defense, the Uzi deals more damage per second using Crystal Bullets than a Megashark using the same.
- The Uzi lacks the Megashark's ammo conservation feature, which can easily be compensated for with an Endless Musket Pouch. The bullets will still be released from the gun as High Velocity Bullets.
- The Uzi is much cheaper to reforge, making it less expensive to reach the Unreal modifier.
- The Uzi compared to the Megashark is fairly inaccurate, with up to 15° of bullet spread.
- The Venus Magnum can be considered a direct upgrade of the Uzi, as it boasts minor improvements to almost all stats. However, on the Desktop, Console, Switch, and Old-gen console the Venus Magnum lacks the auto-fire feature of the Uzi, which can make it physically tiring to use.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Uzi is one of only ten guns in Terraria to share its name with a real firearm, the others being the Red Ryder, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Handgun, Chain Gun, Flintlock Pistol, Tactical Shotgun, Musket and Revolver. It is named after Uzi, a family of Israeli submachine guns.
- In 1.2 update, the Uzi was the rarest item in the game, with a 1/80000 (0.00125%) drop chance. However, this drop rate was drastically increased in the 220.127.116.11 patch shortly afterward.
- The Sniper Rifle, Uzi, and Venus Magnum all have the same tooltip.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Drop rate of the Uzi increased from 1/200 to 1/100.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Drop rate of the Uzi corrected from 1/80000 to 1/200.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.