|Type||Undead Enemy – Flying Enemy|
|Damage|| 60 / 120 (bat form)|
80 / 160 (humanoid form)
|Max Life||750 / 1500|
|Defense|| 32 (bat form)|
24 (humanoid form)
|KB Resist|| 25% / 33 % (bat form)|
60% / 64 % (humanoid form)
|Debuff duration||5 - 7 seconds / 10 - 14 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Cannot regenerate life|
|Internal NPC ID: 158-159|
Vampires are Hardmode enemies that spawn only during a Solar Eclipse, during which they are about as common as a Zombie. Vampires will turn into a bat if the player is above them and attempt to fly near the player and turn back into a humanoid. They can inflict the Bleeding debuff and deal large amounts of damage, one of the highest amounts in the Eclipse.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to low lighting during a Solar Eclipse, it may be difficult to see this enemy before they strike you. Vampires in Terraria typically fly in as a bat which is relatively hard to see without artificial lighting. Try using light buffs (Shine Potion, Wisp in a Bottle) and watch for them as they fly in to prevent unnecessary damage.
- The Stake Launcher is a highly effective weapon against vampires, as it does extreme damage to them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The theme of all of the Solar Eclipse enemies is classic horror film icons. Vampires are a reference to the 1931 film "Dracula,".
- Being vulnerable to the Stake Launcher is obviously rooted in Vampire mythology/culture, where stakes are the usual method of destroying vampires.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Sprites updated.
- Health increased from 500 to 750.
- Defense in bat form increased from 30 to 32.
- Defense in humanoid form increased from 20 to 24.
- 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- 1.2.1: Takes extra damage from the Stake Launcher.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Bats |
|Cave • Jungle • Ice • Hellbat • Giant • Illuminant • Slimer Lava • Giant Flying Fox • Vampire • Pet|
| Solar Eclipse Enemies |
|Swamp Thing • Vampire • Eyezor • Frankenstein • The Possessed • Fritz • Creature from the Deep|
| After defeating all
|Reaper • Mothron ( Baby Mothron • Mothron Egg )|
| After defeating
|Butcher • Nailhead • Deadly Spheres • Psycho • Dr. Man Fly|