Vanity items are wearable items that can be equipped in social slots next to the armor and accessories slots in a character's inventory. Wearing them will change a character's appearance, but will not provide any functionality. Vanity items placed in the armor slots will also cover all armor appearances. Many of these vanity items are references to popular culture and other video games.
All vanity items[edit | edit source]
The item(s) or effects described in this section exist as functional game items, but cannot be acquired through normal gameplay.
Interactions with Hair[edit | edit source]
Some head pieces in Terraria show the player's original hair under them, while others hide hair completely, even if that item does not cover the entirety of the player's head. When an item shows player hair, the game will either display the full hairstyle, or a variant of it that flattens the hair so it fits under headgear. This allows items such as the Wizard's Hat to also display the beard of a player. With the exception of the Wizard Hat, armor items generally do not show player hair. Note that, by default, the game hides player hair, so items not listed below hide player hair entirely.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Added Arkhalis and Leinfors sets.
- Desktop 1.3.3: Added Djinn's Curse.
- Desktop 1.3.2: New vanity items introduced.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Added Engineering Helmet.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: You can now wear Developer items without having the non-developer killing effect.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: It is now possible to obtain Developer items and The White Tuxedo. New outfits are available including Tax Collector's Hat, Suit and Pants, and Dye Trader's Turban.
- Desktop 1.2.4: New vanity items introduced.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed bug with a naked arm drawing over some vanity shirts.
- Desktop 1.2.3: New vanity items introduced. Wings and accessories can be dyed.
- Desktop 1.2.2: New vanity items introduced.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed several graphical issues with the new Halloween costumes.
- Desktop 1.2.1: New vanity items introduced.
- Desktop 1.2: New vanity items introduced. Armors can be dyed.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Dragon armor, Titan armor, and Spectral armor are now vanity sets sold by the Traveling Merchant. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Dragon armor, Titan armor, and Spectral armor are now vanity sets sold by the Traveling Merchant. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.