|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a venom fang that pierces multiple enemies|
- Venom Fang
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Venom Staff always shoots one projectile directly towards the cursor. This effect can be observed when running quickly along an Asphalt sky bridge, autofiring the Venom Staff without moving the mouse. The projectiles will form a neat line.
- If multiple projectiles hit a target, only one projectile will deal damage.
- All projectiles have a limited range, roughly 1.5 times longer than the Poison Staff, dissipating after traveling 58 tiles.
- Additionally, every projectile from a shot can damage a single target.
- There is a 25% damage penalty for every target it pierces.
- The number of projectiles is determined by taking the base of 4, incrementing it by one with a chance of 1/3, then 1/4, and then 1/5. This results in the following chances:
Chance 4 40*2/5 (40%) 5 43.33*13/30 (43.33%) 6 15*3/20 (15%) 7 1.67*1/60 (1.67%)
- The average number of projectiles fired is 4.78.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although the tooltip says that it shoots one fang, there are actually multiple projectiles.
- It is one of only four weapons in the game that can inflict Venom without any buffs or bonuses, the others being the Spider Staff, the Pygmy Staff, and the Queen Spider Staff.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Range increased slightly, from roughly 45 to 58 blocks.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Implemented a system that allows ALL of the projectiles to hit a target, to improve the shotgun-like functionality.
- Damage decreased from 63 to 44.
- Reduced number of enemies that each projectile can hit from 7 to 5.
- Applies a 25% damage penalty to the next hit for each enemy a projectile pierces.
- Now has a range before projectiles die, 50% longer than Poison Staff's.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now inflicts the Venom debuff, instead of the Magnet Sphere.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]