|Damage||50 / 38 / 36 (Ranged)|
|Use time||8 (Insanely fast) /|
9 (Very fast)
|Tooltip||Shoots a powerful, high velocity bullet|
- Internal Item ID: 1255
The Venus Magnum is a Hardmode gun dropped by Plantera with a
14.29*1/7 (14.29%) or 16.67*1/6 (16.67%) chance. Musket Balls and Silver/Tungsten Bullets fired from this weapon gain the properties of High Velocity Bullets, but retain their original damage. While it cannot be autofired, the Venus Magnum's use time is lower than most automatic weapons, allowing it to be manually fired at a similar rate.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Venus Magnum can be considered a direct upgrade of the Uzi, as it also fires bullets as though they were High Velocity Bullets, and has minor improvements in almost all stats. However, the Uzi can autofire whereas the Venus Magnum cannot. It can also be seen as a direct upgrade to the Phoenix Blaster, as both do not autofire and the Venus Magnum has vastly improved stats.
- All weapons autofire, making this a very strong gun. Also, the Mobile version gives players the option to enable autofire for all weapons, giving the weapon similar power if the option is enabled.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In appearance, the Venus Magnum seems to resemble The Undertaker, but with a laser sight and different colors.
- The Sniper Rifle, Uzi, and Venus Magnum all share a tooltip.
- In real life, Magnum refers to a class of firearm cartridge that is known for having much more power than its projectile size would normally suggest such as the 357 Magnum, 44 Magnum 460sw Magnum and 500sw Magnum for handguns, as well as 300WinMag and 338 Lapua Magnum for rifles, among others, all much more powerful than their standard counterparts.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Damage increased from 38 to 50.
- Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Damage increased from 36 to 38.
- Use time reduced from 9 to 8.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.