A Voodoo Demon is an uncommon enemy found in The Underworld. It is identical to the Demon in behavior, but differs slightly in appearance: a small Guide Voodoo Doll hangs from one of its talons, and it lacks the blue bracelets and anklets that are worn by Demons.
Voodoo Demons will always drop a Guide Voodoo Doll. Note that due to the terrain of the Underworld, defeating a Voodoo Demon may result in an unwanted summoning of the Wall of Flesh if the Doll falls into one of the many lava pools.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like normal Demons, Voodoo Demons take no damage from lava.
- They are immune to the On Fire!, Shadowflame, and Cursed Inferno debuffs.
- They have a fairly low spawn rate compared to Demons and Arch Demons.
- The Wall of Flesh will only be summoned if the Guide Voodoo Doll is destroyed by lava. If the Voodoo Demon allows the Voodoo Doll to make contact with lava, without actually dropping it, the Voodoo Doll will not be destroyed, and the Wall of Flesh will not be summoned.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It may be worth investing time into building a 1-block thick bridge over a large portion of the Underworld. This will both ensure that no Guide Voodoo Dolls accidentally fall in lava and make the fights with the Wall of Flesh more manageable.
- In order to effectively farm Guide Voodoo Dolls, it may be worth utilizing the 1 block thick bridge as an arena for battling multiple Demons at once, due to the low spawn rate of Voodoo Demons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Oddly enough, the sound Voodoo Demons make when hurt by the player was not updated along with regular Demons in 18.104.22.168 .
- Despite being a fairly rare enemy, the Voodoo Demon is not detected by the Lifeform Analyzer .
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Spawn rate increased.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now drop the Demon Banner.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Damage decreased from 50 to 32.
- Life increased from 120 to 140.
- Spawn rate increased slightly.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.