Vortex armor is a post-Moon Lord set of armor that provides ranged weapon boosts. It is currently the final ranged armor set available on the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile versions. Crafting the full set requires a total of 36 Luminite Bars (144 Luminite) and 45 Vortex Fragments.
In total, Vortex armor pieces apply the following boosts:
- +36% ranged damage
- +27% ranged critical strike chance
- +25% chance to not consume ammunition
- +10% movement speed
Additionally, equipping a full set grants the player the ability to toggle stealth mode, which has the following effects:
- Decreased chance that enemies will target the wearer
- +80% ranged damage
- +20% ranged critical strike chance
- Decreased movement speed (top speed remains unchanged)
Unlike Shroomite armor, standing still is not required. The Vortex armor's stealth mode is instead toggled manually by double-tapping the ▼ Down key. Moving or grappling does not cancel the effect, and like Shroomite armor, its stealth bonuses are applied to all ranged weapon types. Dashing with items such as the Shield of Cthulhu or Tabi, or riding a Mount will cancel stealth mode. While on a Mount, stealth mode can't be engaged.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All armors made from Luminite currently have no sell value. This is likely to change in a future patch.
- The in-game control settings allow you to switch the set bonus trigger key from ▼ Down to ▲ Up.
- Like all armors made from Luminite, equipping Vortex armor makes the player give off light, in this case teal. Light is not emitted while stealth mode is activated, and light radius increases with amount of pieces equipped.
- While in stealth mode, you are unaffected by speed boosts granted by accessories and potion effects, except the running ability of Hermes Boots and their variants, which retain their normal speed.
- After about 5 seconds of running, the boots start to develop a particle effect similar to that of Hermes Boots.
- You can achieve full invisibility using the familiar vanity.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Stealth mode is not disabled through use of wings; this includes the high-speed hovering ability of accessories such as the Hoverboard, Betsy's Wings, Nebula Mantle or Vortex Booster . Equipping one of these can offer good mobility while in stealth mode.
- If wearing Hermes Boots or a derivative, running takes significantly longer to start while in stealth mode. This can be avoided by grappling to something and releasing before reaching the target, providing enough speed to begin running immediately upon touching the ground.
- Entering stealth mode while already running with Hermes Boots will not cause them to slow down, keeping you at high speed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The full Vortex set resembles the Storm Diver, an enemy from the Lunar Event summoned by the Vortex Pillar, which itself resembles a humanoid wearing a space suit.
- The design has changed from an earlier design shown in spoilers:
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.