Vortex armor is a post-Moon Lord set of armor that provides ranged weapon boosts. It is currently the best ranged armor set available on the Desktop version and Console versions. Crafting the full set requires a total of 36 Luminite Bars (144 Luminite) and 45 Vortex Fragments.
In total, Vortex armor pieces apply the following boosts:
- +36% ranged damage
- +27% ranged critical strike chance
- +25% chance to not consume ammunition
- +10% movement speed
Additionally, equipping a full set grants the player the ability to toggle stealth mode, which has the following effects:
- Decreased chance that enemies will target the wearer
- +80% ranged damage
- +20% ranged critical strike chance
- Decreased movement speed (top speed remains unchanged)
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All armors made from Luminite currently have no sell value. This is likely to change in a future patch.
- The in-game control settings allow you to switch the set bonus trigger key from
- Like all armors made from Luminite, equipping vortex armor makes the player give off light, in this case teal. Light radius increases with amount of pieces equipped.
- While in Stealth mode, you are unaffected by speed boosts granted by accessories and potion effects, except the running ability of Hermes Boots and their variants.
- After ~5 seconds of running, the boots start to develop a particle effect similar to that of Hermes Boots.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Stealth mode is not broken through use of wings; this includes the high-speed hovering ability of accessories such as the Hoverboard, Betsy's Wings, Nebula Mantle or Vortex Booster . Equipping one of these can offer good mobility while in stealth mode.
- If wearing Hermes Boots or a derivative, running takes significantly longer to start while in stealth mode. This can be avoided by grappling to something and releasing before reaching the target, providing enough speed to begin running immediately upon touching the ground.
- Entering stealth mode while already running with Hermes Boots will not cause them to decelerate, keeping you at top speed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When you equip the armor set with the Vortex Beater (or Xenopopper), you will resemble a Storm Diver, an enemy from the Lunar Event summoned by the Vortex Pillar.
- The design has changed from an earlier design shown in spoilers:
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()