“Built to survive the desert heat, avian scavengers such as these will peck apart those who come near their carrion.
— The Bestiary
Vultures are flying enemies that are commonly found in Deserts during the day; however, they can also be encountered roosting on Sand Blocks in any biome. When the player comes close or attacks a Vulture, it will begin to fly at the player. Vultures will hover above the player for a second before swooping down to attack. They will continue to pursue the player until they die.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Like most flying enemies, Vultures are unable to go underwater. Although water might be rare in the Desert, hiding in a pool of water is an ideal tactic for newer players to avoid getting hit.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Vultures now have a sound effect when they are hit.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Damage increased from 14 to 15.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Vultures should no longer "float" if the sand they are perched on falls from beneath them.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.