Wand of Sparking
Wand of Sparking
|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||27 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a small spark|
|Debuff duration||2 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Internal Item ID: 3069|
|Desktop/Console-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop and Console versions of Terraria.|
The Wand of Sparking is an early game magic weapon found in Wooden Chests on the Surface or in the Underground layer. It fires a piercing spark along a parabolic curve, traveling about 16 blocks before dissipating. The spark has 50% chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff. The sparks deal no knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It cannot be obtained from Wooden Crates, despite the fact that many of the other rare items found in Wooden Chests can.
- This weapon has the lowest Mana usage of any magic weapon in the game, second lowest if you consider the Space Gun coupled with the Meteor Armor.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because of the Wand of Sparking's low stats, lack of knockback, and short range, it's recommended to use the Wand of Sparking alongside other, more reliable weapons. Furthermore, if the player has not yet increased their max mana, their mana regeneration speed will be too low to consistently use the weapon.
- This weapon is only helpful near the start of the game, after consuming a Mana Crystal or two. Like the Copper Shortsword, it can easily be replaced by any other weapon of its type.
- It can be used to temporarily light up dark spaces at a distance while exploring during the first few days of a character's existence.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()