Wand of Sparking
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
The Wand of Sparking is an early game magic weapon found in Wooden Chests on the Surface or in the Underground layer. It fires a piercing spark along a parabolic curve, traveling about 16 blocks before dissipating. The spark has a 1/3 (33.3%) chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff for 2 seconds (2/3 chance) or 3 seconds (1/3 chance). It deals no knockback.
Its best modifier is Demonic for damage output or Mystic for mana conservation because it cannot get modifiers that affect knockback.
- It cannot be obtained from Wooden Crates, despite the fact that many of the other rare items found in Wooden Chests can.
- This weapon has the lowest Mana usage of any magic weapon in the game, second lowest if you consider the Space Gun coupled with the Meteor Armor.
- This is the only "wand" which is a magic weapon; aside from the cosmetic Bubble Wand, the other items with "Wand" in their name all place blocks.
- Because of the Wand of Sparking's low stats, lack of knockback, and short range, it is recommended to use it alongside other, more reliable weapons. Furthermore, if the player has not yet increased their max mana, their mana regeneration speed will be too low to consistently use the weapon.
- This weapon is only helpful near the beginning of Pre-Hardmode, after consuming some Mana Crystals. Like the Copper Shortsword, it can easily be replaced by any other weapon of its type.
- It can be used to temporarily light up dark spaces at a distance while exploring during the first few days of a character's existence.
- The Wand of Sparking's piercing properties and ability to inflict a damaging debuff makes it useful against early worm-type enemies, as it can both damage and inflict a debuff on multiple segments in one strike.
- If a player puts one or two block holes in a box they are standing, it can be used to kill and loot Zombies and other enemies on the first few nights.
- Using its range, it can be used in the first stages of the game to remove Thorny Bushes in the Corruption, Crimson, or Jungle biomes.