Wand of Sparking
|Damage||14 / 8 (Magic)|
|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Critical chance||14% / 4%|
|Use time||26 (Average) / |
|Tooltip||Shoots a small spark|
The Wand of Sparking is an early-game magic weapon found in regular Chests on the Surface or in the Underground layer. It fires a piercing spark along a parabolic curve, traveling about 16 tiles before dissipating. The spark has a
50*1/2 (50%) chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff for 0.5–2 seconds ( 66.67*2/3 (66.67%) chance) or 1–3 seconds ( 33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance). It deals no knockback.
Its best modifier is Demonic or Deadly, with the former granting improved critical strike chance and the latter granting improved speed. It cannot get modifiers that affect knockback or mana cost.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because of the Wand of Sparking's low stats, lack of knockback, and short range, it is recommended to use it alongside other, more reliable weapons. Furthermore, if the player has not yet increased their max mana, their mana regeneration speed will be too low to consistently use the weapon.
- This weapon is only helpful near the beginning of pre-Hardmode, after consuming some Mana Crystals. Like the Copper Shortsword, it can easily be replaced by any other weapon of its type.
- It can be used to temporarily light up dark spaces at a distance while exploring during the first few days of a character's existence.
- The Wand of Sparking's piercing properties and ability to inflict a damaging debuff makes it useful against early worm-type enemies, as it can both damage and inflict a debuff on multiple segments in one strike.
- The Wand of Sparking can be used through one- or two-tile wide holes in a wall, allowing to safely kill Zombies and other enemies in the first few nights.
- Using its range, it can be used in the first stages of the game to remove thorny bushes in the Corruption, Crimson, or Jungle biomes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon has the lowest mana usage of any magic weapon in the game; not considering the Space Gun coupled with Meteor armor (which costs 0 mana).
- This is the only "wand" which is a magic weapon; aside from the cosmetic Bubble Wand, the other items with "wand" in their name all place blocks.
- This weapon is able to inflict debuffs through the use of flasks despite being a magic weapon.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Increased damage from 8 to 14.
- Increased critical chance from 4% to 14%.
- Use time decreased from 28 to 26.
- Increased On Fire! chance from 33% to 50%.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Added changes from Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.