Wand of Sparking
Wand of Sparking
|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||27 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a small spark|
|Internal Item ID: 3069|
|Desktop-Only Content: This information applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.|
The Wand of Sparking is an early game magic weapon found in Wooden Chests on the Surface or in the Underground layer. It fires a piercing spark along a parabolic curve, traveling about 16 blocks before dissipating. The spark has a smallVerify chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff. The sparks deal no knockback.
Its best Modifier is Demonic.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Mana regeneration scales based on both the player's current and maximum mana. Regenerating 20 mana if the player only has the starting cap of 20 will take significantly longer than it would to fully recover the naturally upgraded cap of 200. Use of the Wand of Sparking as a primary weapon in place of other early weapons is nearly impossible, as casting with the Wand before consuming any Mana Crystals will allow for only a few shots per minute, and killing a single zombie will nearly deplete a starting player's mana pool. It also has very short range.
- This weapon has the lowest Mana usage of any magic weapon in the game, second lowest if you consider the Space Gun coupled with the Meteor Armor
- This weapon is best used extremely early on, after consuming a Mana Crystal or two. Like the Copper Shortsword, it can easily be replaced before you fight the Eye of Cthulhu.
- It can be used to temporarily light up dark spaces at a distance while exploring during the first few days of a character's existence.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It cannot be obtained from Wooden Crates, despite the fact that many of the other rare items found in Wooden Chests can.
History[edit | edit source]
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.