Wand of Sparking
|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||27 Average|
|Tooltip||Shoots a small spark|
|Debuff duration||2-3 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
The Wand of Sparking is an early game magic weapon found in Wooden Chests on the Surface or in the Underground layer. It fires a piercing spark along a parabolic curve, traveling about 16 blocks before dissipating. The spark has a 1/3 (33.3%) chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff for 2 seconds (2/3 chance) or 3 seconds (1/3 chance). It deals no knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It cannot be obtained from Wooden Crates, despite the fact that many of the other rare items found in Wooden Chests can.
- This weapon has the lowest Mana usage of any magic weapon in the game, second lowest if you consider the Space Gun coupled with the Meteor Armor.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because of the Wand of Sparking's low stats, lack of knockback, and short range, it is recommended to use it alongside other, more reliable weapons. Furthermore, if the player has not yet increased their max mana, their mana regeneration speed will be too low to consistently use the weapon.
- This weapon is only helpful near the beginning of Pre-Hardmode, after consuming some Mana Crystals. Like the Copper Shortsword, it can easily be replaced by any other weapon of its type.
- It can be used to temporarily light up dark spaces at a distance while exploring during the first few days of a character's existence.
- The Wand of Sparking's piercing properties and ability to inflict a damaging debuff makes it useful against early worm-type enemies, as it can both damage and inflict a debuff on multiple segments in one strike.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()